Injection Time (LHS), TP, Closed Loop Cut, Wideband

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

UNISA JECS

Injection Time (LHS), TP, Closed Loop Cut, Wideband

Post by UNISA JECS »

S13 KA24DE

Hey Matt, I noticed lately that my injection time doesn't display the same as it used to, like for instance at idle it now shows 0.00 when it used to show between 2.00 - 3.00, I think I noticed after updated to a newer version of Nistune this started happening.

For instance now it displays in multiples of 2.56, like 2.56, 5.12, 7.68, 10.24 etc etc and no inbetween readings whereas before it shows and logged all numbers inbetween, is something wrong here?

Thanks
Last edited by UNISA JECS on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Latest beta version? I'll have a look into it
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

That was for NIStune Version 0.9267, I also believe 0.9266a also did the same thing but can confirm that anymore becasue im not running that but for sure 0.9267 had that issue.

Attached is a log file in excel, you can see what im talking about.
Attachments
SUPERTUNE NIStune_2008-08-31_1801_56.csv
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

I have a few other issues that I been having i'll bring up here shortly.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Wideband = Innovate LM-2

The other thing I noticed was my wideband wouldn't display in Nistune with the latest version installed, but I was able to get it working by copying a mts.dll and mtssdk.ocx file from my C:\Windows\System32 folder and pasting it into my C:\Program Files\NIStune.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also the new "Closed loop cut", when trying to change the settings a pop up screen comes up and say you are trying to change a parameter blah blah blah, i'll take a screen shot later and post it here, I just wanna know if somehtings wrong with that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing is there a way to get the "TP" displaying the same value that is displayed in the "X" axis of the fuel and timing maps, I think it makes it easier and makes more sense than the big larger number it displays now, in previous versions it used to match the numbers in the "x" axis of the maps, but for now I have to divide them manually by "256" to get the number to match the "X" axis.

Thanks
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:Latest beta version? I'll have a look into it
Even 0.9268 has the same issues as the beta.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay I'm really confused why that is happening. I can see what you are talking about in the logs but nothing has really changed for that to happen

I dont have a B13 SR20DE ECU here, but PL has one I can get him to try it out on (running 0.9270 here right now). I ran this on a S13 SR20DET which is similar ECU and no problems

Does this problem happen in both tuning and streamed mode, or only just tuning mode? With the problem occurring, can you tell me exactly which tickboxes you are setting for consult registers read. Debug log here might be helpful also.
Attachments
s13_sr20_inj_pw_test2_2.csv
S13 SR20DET injection time log
(41.65 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay 0.9270 should be okay with the Innovate MTS stuff. I moved it from the C:\windows\system directory in install package 0.9267a

I played around with this tonight just to double check everything on my test machine

If you tick the Innovate box during the install it will copy the Innovate MTS.DLL and MTSSDK.OCX into c:\Program Files\Nistune

You will then get Innovate MTS showing up in the wideband list and should be good to go with connecting to it

I tried using the DLL/OCX that comes with LogWorks3 and it crashed the software... actually it also crashed their sample program included with LogWorks2... so theres something incompatible between the LogWorks 2 OCX (ActiveX object embedded into application) and LogWorks 3 DLL

Looks like the LogWorks3 SDK is coming out soon
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/foru ... php?t=7336

TP displays as 16 bit [8 bit] so look at the number in the square brackets and this is your index to the TP scales etc. Its displayed on all the guages and the log player
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:Okay I'm really confused why that is happening. I can see what you are talking about in the logs but nothing has really changed for that to happen

I dont have a B13 SR20DE ECU here, but PL has one I can get him to try it out on (running 0.9270 here right now). I ran this on a S13 SR20DET which is similar ECU and no problems

Does this problem happen in both tuning and streamed mode, or only just tuning mode? With the problem occurring, can you tell me exactly which tickboxes you are setting for consult registers read. Debug log here might be helpful also.
Hey Matt,

I totally removed "Nistune setup" and "Nistune ROM pack" ran CCleaner to clean up the registry and re-installed everything fresh with NIStune_0.9270_setup and NIStune_ROM_Pack_1.4.2 and now the "INJ time (LHS)" works fine now. I dont know what happened but this fixed the problem.
Attachments
NIStune_2008-09-27_1133_16 NEW LOG INJ TIME WORKING.csv
Attached is a new log done with NIStune_0.9270_setup and injection time is working.

Question though, pay attention to the MAF voltage do you see teh voltage drops, is that a glitch or maybe soemthing wrong with my MAF?
(59.73 KiB) Downloaded 124 times