been a long time. sr20det starting a new map

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

s13_silvia_redtop

been a long time. sr20det starting a new map

Post by s13_silvia_redtop »

Hey guys. Its been awhile since ive been on. Ive been in college finishing my degree. But for break im trying to get my car back on the street. This time I have a hx35 with a custom twin scroll manifold I made. I was wondering if anyone else was running a simular setup and had a rough starting point?

Sr20det 40 over
Bc 264 cams
Hx35 twinscroll
Greddy intake
740cc injectors
3 inch downpipe
Z32 maf
All the regular mods.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks m8s!
Thanks m8s!
unex

Re: been a long time. sr20det starting a new map

Post by unex »

I think mine is quite similar. You can check this here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2466
s13_silvia_redtop

It does look very simular! Hopefully I get those nmbers lol. Do u mind sending me the fual maps and timing? Also how do u like the Garrett hot side? Im sure its lighter?
unex

Post by unex »

s13_silvia_redtop wrote:It does look very simular! Hopefully I get those nmbers lol. Do u mind sending me the fual maps and timing? Also how do u like the Garrett hot side? Im sure its lighter?
what do you mean by saying its lighter ? Its small. I cant say much, because didnt try to run on holset hot side, but i believe, that smaller hot side is better for sr20 to spool up. Ideally I would be looking for BEP housing which is .55 a/r for hx35. You can find more info on google about that.
Sorry, I cant send them to you, because I spent two months for making it perfect. But ask me if you have any questions and I will help you :wink:
s13_silvia_redtop

what i mean by lighter is that the stock hx35 hot side is cast steel, and it is extremely heavy :cry: and yea the stock housing is harder to spool but im hoping with my bored out engine and supporting mods that boost lag wont be unbearable, at least until i get the money to upgrade. and i understand you spent time with it haha ill try to get a decent tune on it and send it to you for your thoughts on it! this will be the first time, crossing my fingers, that i shouldnt have any problems with my set up and can have a good base to start with. its been thing after thing with this car but i havent given up yet lol i have too much blood sweat and tears into this project haha ill try to post a pic of the setup if i can figure how to upload a pic on the site. thanks!
Attachments
20121229_170503.jpg
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 5126 times
unex

Post by unex »

Make a heat shield for the brakes !!!! or you will crash one day.
hx35 is quite big turbo for 2.0L engine, so it will be laggy :) unless you want 500hp, or your limiter will be 9krpm :)
s13_silvia_redtop

I have a Turbo blanket just haven't installed it yet. And I know it'll b laggy but my car is built to rev high and hopefully it won't be unbearable :)
speedemon

Post by speedemon »

man nice setup i would like to see horsepower numbers on your car cause your setup is where i want to be at the end of my build
right now can you tell me where you have your K set and injector lat set?
s13_silvia_redtop

ill let you know, currently the car is running on the tune i had previously on a crappy turbo also that setup had the maf wayy to close, but ill be trying to put a different tune on it shortly, im trying to take it back to school before jan 14 so hopefully ill put up a map by then.

also, unex, speaking of k constant what is yours, and idk about the latency bc you most likely have different injectors but whats your set at? thanks!

if i get a good tune that i feel comfortable with i may try to dyno it soon!
s13_silvia_redtop

Letting you guys know that with your help I've got my car running better than it has in forever! Thanks. Still tinning to be done. But ill get to that soon and post my findings soon I hope!
s13_silvia_redtop

Got her running on a low boost setting and she pulls very strong. Seems pretty responsive and I'm lower the powerband! Can't wait to get a better tune and up the boost. Also I installed my Turbo blanket finally and the temps are definitely down but I'm worried with the blanket touching the master cylinder that it may get too much conductive heat. Idk I guess time will tell! Ill attach a few photos!
s13_silvia_redtop

hey so if someone would like to take a look at my map and give me their input i wouldnt mind haha, i know the fuel map needs to be buffered a bit but its drivable and is nearly perfect for 1 bar currently, it was a little rich at .66 bar so i just upped it some and it worked great haha. now for timing im pretty lost i think, input would be appreciated! heres a picture of the maps
Attachments
fuel and timing maps.png
(273.16 KiB) Downloaded 4992 times
unex

Post by unex »

Search in forum about load scaling, because its bad. And if you are running 10.5 AFR I would say its very rich, but of course its up to you
s200rat

Post by s200rat »

To add a bit more detail to the above, on the load scales you really don’t want to scrimp effort here. On your maps im guessing you have scaled up the last ~4 columns to match what your seeing as max load. You really shouldn’t do this as it decreases the resolution of the map.

What are you more concerned with? The behaviour of the engine when its turning over with low energy/temps/load or when its screaming at high RPM / high loads? The way your building your maps puts emphasis on the low energy area of the map where we really are not too concerned about det and damaging the engine. You should scale the map to have more resolution through the boost transition area and peak torque.

From your spec list, you are running a hx35? Im guessing your planning more than 1bar boost in the future to see its full potential. If so your timing at peak torque and redline is high and you need to watch out for det.. Easily take off 5deg here if you plan to run >1.4bar.
s13_silvia_redtop

thanks guys! ye i didnt really think of it that way ( about the scaling being basically backwards) ill change that soon, and as for now i dont know why but the AFR's arent actually what is showing on the map, at 1 bar the afr's are more like 11.4 ish. thats at less than 6600 rpm, i just havent taken it up that far yet.

Im gonna change the scaling around and try to adjust the timing a bit and see what you guys think then. Thanks for the help im very new at this lol