Runs RICH to warm up cat after start-up?

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

1SIKZ31

Post by 1SIKZ31 »

Because I want a full 13-14 volts going to my fuel pump at all times.

It's just weird that I have Zero'd out all the values in the cold start maps and it is STILL doing the whole entire "runs ULTRA rich for an unknown amount of minutes" and then its like BAM it reads off my fuel tables instantly.

Yesterday after driving my car for about 30 minutes I turned it off, pumped gas, and after turning it back on it got right back in to the "warm up the cat" mode I guess i'll call it and it ran 10.0-11.0:1 AFR's for a good 5 minutes down the highway and then ALL of a sudden it goes STRAIGHT to my fuel tables... while other times I can turn it off and turn it back on and it will just read off the fuel tables and not run rich.

ALSO!
This is new news.
If I do a completely COLD start (room temperature start-up), it will read off the fuel tables until a certain temperature (AROUND 70-80 c) and then it will start running ULTRA rich and after an unknown amount of minutes (between 3-10 minutes) it will go and start reading off the fuel table again, so I now know this is absolutely ECU related that has something to do with temperature... very interesting and annoying...
Any other idea's matt?
In the Works:
Z32 MAF
Holset HX35W
Custom 3 Inch Downpipe
AEM UEGO Wideband

Shooting for 400rwhp on the stock Longblock
9:1CR