nistune freezing after starting engine

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

JM

nistune freezing after starting engine

Post by JM »

Hi, i have two problems after p11 turbo long sleep. The engine cant hold idle(cruising is okay) and when connected to nistune and start up engine, nistune will freeze and needs to be restarted then. Any ideas please? thanks .. happends on windows 7
Matt
Site Admin

Re: nistune freezing after starting engine

Post by Matt »

Please use the 0.12.11 version and let me know if you are still having the same issue. Most issues since the 0.12 release have been fixed and I'll be rolling into a stable version soon
JM

Post by JM »

yes unfortunately still freezing with 0.12.11 :(
JM

Post by JM »

anyway how is it now with o2 feedback, the bits at feedback flag section and o2 lean trigger? I have no stock lambda on that engine(i have just innovate wideband, i just can lead the 0-1v output from wideband to the ecu instead the stock lambda). do i need to uncheck some of thoose bits now? Also today i loaded stock bin with 260cc injs and the engine started to idle fine. After that my laptop got discharged. Anyway stock K is about 288, i always have been using 220 however the injector change calculator in nistune says 170... its all fine, except that i havent change that bin with K=220 which worked fine with old engine and now i have basic problems. Seemed to me today that even higher, richer K is helping

Anyway my other issue is lean idle. I always saw 16-17AFR at idle and it was idling fine. I also have been using greddy emanage with this stock ecu and the afr was at 17 too. I have never find solution how make AFR at idle Ok on this stock p11 ecu. I also have been using different ecu (chiped p10 ecu) and there the idle was at around 14.7. Does something changed last year which should help me? I would also love to have good base setup. I have pretty comon setup 10:1 with gtir t28 turbo and 370cc/4bar. I have a good and tested bin for p10 ecu, but i dont know how to recognize/recalculate load and tp scales and K.

One note at the end, my AFR gauge doesnt show anything leaner than 17:0, i remember that sometimes when looking at laptop i saw AFR around 20:0 at idle:)
JM

Post by JM »

i am getting now many errors messages. mismatch problems, write data failed, check hardware is NVRAM version.. :/ at stock bin with stock K it idles quite good, but cruises very rich. when lowering K, it became better at cruisin but, cant idle :/
JM

Post by JM »

okay, fixed the idle.. wrong placed aac gasket. But still have problem with freezing. I gonna try that on different laptop
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

With the freezing please do File > Configuration > Debug logging and email me some .log files afterwards. I will see what the software is doing to freeze up and rectify the problem
anyway how is it now with o2 feedback, the bits at feedback flag section and o2 lean trigger?
There is no O2 sensor feedback flag for P11 found. There should be a temperature check limit which I could try searching for in the ECU code
Anyway stock K is about 288, i always have been using 220 however the injector change calculator in nistune says 170...
What size injectors are you using?
its all fine, except that i havent change that bin with K=220 which worked fine with old engine and now i have basic problems. Seemed to me today that even higher, richer K is helping
Lost me here...
Anyway my other issue is lean idle. I always saw 16-17AFR at idle and it was idling fine.
So this was a vacuum leak? okay so fixed
I also have been using greddy emanage with this stock ecu and the afr was at 17 too.
It would unless you adjusted the emanage to change idle
Does something changed last year which should help me?
In Nistune software? Dont think so.
One note at the end, my AFR gauge doesnt show anything leaner than 17:0, i remember that sometimes when looking at laptop i saw AFR around 20:0 at idle:)
Try recalibration of the wideband and make sure its display/software works fine firstly