p11 sr20de-t

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

JM

p11 sr20de-t

Post by JM »

Hi, i am trying to tune my p11 with gtir turbo, and i need help. I boost it by a mbc to 10psi, but at 5200rpm at 4th or 5th gear the pressure falls to 5psi and then raise back to 10psi at 5700 or so.

The weird thing for me is that a logs i am making are saying 8 degrees of timing, but maptracking targets boxes on timing tables wheres something like 14.

So i am attaching my .bin and one .csv log.. hope someone will help. I dont know whats creating the boost drop, maybe the whole .bin is incorrect, maybe its caused by too much long bar beetween actuator and internal wastegate?

btw there is no boost leak in my IC piping for sure! i pressurizes all system from maf to tps.

Tell me you oppinions please, thank you
JM
Attachments
DSCF0013.JPG
the bar beetween wastegate and actuator
(62.14 KiB) Downloaded 3844 times
NIStune_2011-04-23_1637_46.csv
(320.69 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
aktu.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
nissangts

Re: p11 sr20de-t

Post by nissangts »

Check you TPS :) , when that is off it can cause those problems. Where is currently set, .44? If so try setting it between .46-.50.
JM

Post by JM »

i am watching the logs and sometimes theres 0.44 and sometimes 0.46. Is it grounding problem? Does this really can affect the timing? i also checked the idle swith, and works fine....
JM

Post by JM »

since today another issue.. Car cant start, no spark, CEL blinking, code 34 - knock sensor. Should i disconnect that sensor for test? I also tried check/uncheck the knock and bit 1-3 in the feedback switch area in nistune, but no luck. When i check the bit3, the CEL is blinking faster..
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Had a look at the logs - appears that TP (load) is getting an early cut which then affects injector time

I'm going to have to put this one on the bench and test it on a P11 ECU to repeat the problem and see if theres a TP load limit table I have to find. I suspect need to locate that table in the ECU and then increase it

Check your knock sensor wiring. If disconnecting need to ground to 500kohm resistor even if disabling knock sensor wont remove the DTC fault code (did you try clearing it?)

With car not starting, what if you go back to factory tune?
JM

Post by JM »

Matt wrote:Had a look at the logs - appears that TP (load) is getting an early cut which then affects injector time

I'm going to have to put this one on the bench and test it on a P11 ECU to repeat the problem and see if theres a TP load limit table I have to find. I suspect need to locate that table in the ECU and then increase it
i hope this will help, but i there is no problem to tune afr. seems to me problem is with timing... ?
Matt wrote: Check your knock sensor wiring. If disconnecting need to ground to 500kohm resistor even if disabling knock sensor wont remove the DTC fault code (did you try clearing it?)
did i clear the code or the sensor? i didnt the sensor, because its location is so unaccessible. But ill try the resistor.
Of course i cleared the code from ecu's memory by nistune, but this is not classic knock code. I have seen that code manytimes before, but it never flashed the CEL. Only one time i have seen the CEL flashing and i was when there were disconnected one wire from NATS
Matt wrote:With car not starting, what if you go back to factory tune?
the same. when ignition on, the CEL is flashing and theres no spark and plugs look dry.

thanks
JM

Post by JM »

okay starting issue fixed. it was nats again..

the knock code is still there. it apears immediately after turning key to start mode for 1sec.. ill check wiring anyway, but Matt, can i turn the knock feedback off using the checkbox in nistune?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes turn it off but also put the resistor in

NATS was the culprit then. Wouldn't have guessed that one over here. Hence the flashing light was probably NATS saying its immobilized your car

Will look into this later today
JM

Post by JM »

okay the resistor is in, but still there is the drop. I also tried the .adr with limit tables from user streetbike, changed values to 120(22.5ms) and the engine at wot from 4800 is doing horrible things.
JM

Post by JM »

probably the best thing for me would be going back to type-3 for p10/n14 sr20de ecu...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sorry been away since Wed so didnt get to look at it. Just catching up emails (150 of them!) tonight so will be tomorrow before I can go through this
JM

Post by JM »

Matt, its ok now. that engine has water in oil. that says alot
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

:( Head gasket?