Rb20 won't run

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Hotrodstu77

Re: Rb20 won't run

Post by Hotrodstu77 »

So I'm almost positive it's something to do with the maf. Cause when a maf is unplugged it sets to limp mode and hits a fuel cut just above 2200 whiCh mine is doing. Am I wrong? If that's the case maybe it has something to do with the read exception Error message I keep getting. And it's not uploading the right maf ino to the ecu. But then if I loaded up the other bin that matt said was ok it should remedy the problem. But it doesn't. I tried adjusting the k constant and setting my fuel map to 0 around the idle zone and it would lean up but then drop right down to below 10 again. And this is only possible by me dropping my fuel presure down to like 5 psi. I'm racking my brains on this guys. Anyone have ideas? I pulled my ecu apart to make sure the dealer that installed it didn't miss and solder points or something it's totally fine though. Fml.

I have no idea what is going on. The motor ran fine before all this. What should I do now?
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Yeah if u unplug the maf it should limp it and limit the rpm to like 2200-2500ish. If u still have the stock maf why not solder the plug behind the new maf plug so that way you can switch easy.
Hotrodstu77

Post by Hotrodstu77 »

i did try the ol maf and it didnt change anything
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

Your ECU might be in limp mode.
Is there any blinking red light on ECU ?
If your ECU running in normal mode, if your enigne and ECU harness connected properly.
And when you turn off the key, you will hear the relay inside the ecu cut off the power delay in 2-3 seconds.
(you will hear the sound "tick" after 2-3 seconds after turning off the key)
If your ECU running in limp mode, the ECU will cut off the power at the same time you turn off your key.
What resistance is the new injectors ? If it is low resistance injectors, did you connect the injector resistor pack?
Doube check all 28 pin and 4 pin soldering.
STATUS

Post by STATUS »

Hotrodstu77 wrote:Hey guys just finished getting it back together.

Rb20det from an r32 skyline
z32 maf
deastchwork 550cc injectors

so the problem is it is getting so much fuel I can't start it. I've been tryig to go off the basemap but it won't do anythig. My afrs are 10.0 or less when I can actually get it to fire for 2 seconds and all I can smell is raw fuel. Does anyone have a map that i can try that should get me idling properly at a decent fuel ratio?

Thanks in advance. Nothig I do is working an it's very frustrating.
check your maf voltage i reckon you have wired it backwards, if it reads more than 0.4-0.6volts with the key on its wrong. i bet its reading 3.5volts...

The diagrams for maf wiring are looking at the BACK of the plug NOT the front.
Hotrodstu77

Post by Hotrodstu77 »

ok thanks. ill try that and get back to you.
Hotrodstu77

Post by Hotrodstu77 »

maf voltage is sitting at .5 with key on and it still run like crap.
Hotrodstu77

Post by Hotrodstu77 »

just tried running it an the maf voltage stays at .5 no matter what the rpms. we reved it till it spit flames and still only stays at .5. so now time to inspect the maf wiring an he maf itself.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

something is in fact wrong with the wiring or the maf...
track that down and the problem should disappear... I think... lol... I'm sleepy now so appologize for some mistakes :P :roll:
Hotrodstu77

Post by Hotrodstu77 »

ok so i swapped back to the stock maf an redid some messed wiring an long tory short was able to drive it own the street. so now i have that problem figure out. thanks for the help. see my new thread about it stalling out........
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

please post here your current BIN file from the ECU and a log file of you starting idling and then trying to run. We can have a look through and see if anything is wrong
Hotrodstu77

Post by Hotrodstu77 »

It was the maf. I wired it in back asswards. My bad!
Hawaiisr20det

Post by Hawaiisr20det »

Hey, I'm having the same issue with nistune crashing when I try to change the maf, but my car run's and can be driven around...can boost...etc but that's with a stock base map and my Safc hooked up, as soon as I disconnect my Safc, my car can't rev passed 2200 and has a hard time with idle...what do y'all think...matt?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

which MAF are you changing to? was hoping i sorted out the bugs with maf change. Cant repeat it here :(
Hawaiisr20det

Post by Hawaiisr20det »

Well here's the run down,

I have a sr20der and trying to change to the z32 maf. Car runs and is drivable but seems sluggish...when I try to change the maf nistune crash's. The maf is hooked up cause I can run my Safc (apexi) and the car is fine, when I run the nistune and wire the maf back to stock is goes limp mode I think. I'm so frustrated with this and can't seem to figure things out. Please matt I really need your help. Thanks