NIStune Version 0.9.3.6 available

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

NIStune Version 0.9.3.6 available

Post by Matt »

NIStune Version 0.9.3.6 (EXE)
Released 15 Feb 2009
- Added missing maps indication when loading sync into empty ROM files (orange highlights)
- Knock detection count and reporting code added for Type 1, Type2-5 boards. Requires Rev15 firmware on your board (in testing)
- Wideband COM port fixups for using Innovate and DLP simultaneously
- Logger playback fixes for 4 screen log playback
- Alpha feedback gauge fixing
- AFR reporting and wideband tracing fixups
- Use wideband naming and scalers from folders when playing back log files

Any wideband usage problems with this version please post in this thread or the bug thread. I find it difficult trying to locate some issues raised in the wideband sections of the forums, but think I have got everything except the occasional zeitronix connection issue (serial buffer overflow related)

Knock sensing will be available as I start getting ENT files ready for upload. Only S13 CA18, VLT/R31 and A31 RB20 can be patched so far. Ran out of time today to try Type 2... maybe later
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

good news !

thanks

so, what is needed to have the knock counter working on a type 1 board?
or you're still working on the firmware of the board ?

keep up the good work :twisted:
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

Hey mat

can we do the firmware update ? whats needed on the type 5 boards..

how is your car going ?

chris
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

base image programmer required for the firmware update

Firmware will be Rev15 when its available. Should be in the next few weeks for Type 1/2

Type 5 is on hold until I get more time. I've been working on my RB30 still which blew something near the intake on cyl 6 yesterday, after replacing the head gasket the week before due to loss of compression after over heating... its not been a good few weeks :(
iaredam

Post by iaredam »

Matt,

I'm still having some issues with an LC-1 hooked up via serial connections. It will display fine in the AFR display, but it will log lower values. i.e. the AFR will be ~12 and it will log ~6-7. I uninstalled the previous version, then installed the newest version 0.9.3.6.1. Do you need any screen shots or consult/debug logs?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i'll try it out today with my LC-1 and let you know whats going on
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the 0.9.3.6.1 version didnt change anything in regards to AFRs from 0.9.3.6

make sure you are still using the innovate lookup tables. uninstalling isnt really necessary when upgrading and will reset all your configuration information

double check the wideband folder

attached is a pic of a test i did tonight with butane squirt. AFRs in log match the display
Attachments
mts_afr_test.JPG
MTS AFR test
(130.83 KiB) Downloaded 3802 times
iaredam

Post by iaredam »

Matt,

I'm still having issues. I reinstalled the newest version again tonight and it's still logging the wrong AFR in the logger.

Is there something I should do on my side? I did play with the wideband shows lambda option in the configuration. I checked and the wideband folder that it is looking at is C:\Program Files\NIStune\Wideband\Innovate

Sorry about the huge screen shot,

Thanks,
Attachments
nistune afr.JPG
(181.14 KiB) Downloaded 3782 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Enable File-Config-Debug logging

Then restart and connect to innovate (and nothing else) and do the log file

Send me a debug log file from the c:\Program files\Nistune\log directory and I can have a look
iaredam

Post by iaredam »

Here's a debug log with just connecting to the LC-1 and then starting a consult log. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
David
Attachments
nistune-0305-2133.log
(277.57 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

cant seem to repeat :(

tried a reinstall and reselected directories with innovate, zeitronix etc and just cant get it to log like that

try a reinstall for me and let me know if its still doing it. its the problems i cant repeat which are a major pain!
iaredam

Post by iaredam »

:x Still is doing it... It almost appears that it was logging lambda * 10 instead of logging the AFR... I'll play a bit with it and see if I can't get it to work properly. I'll try a few old versions I have downloaded and see if any of those will work better for me.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

try a clean install of latest version. it will clean out lambda settings

do you have lambda ticked or unticked? i'll try playing around with lambda settings, it may be screwing up things... that bit of extra info gives me some more things to work at
JCD

Re: NIStune Version 0.9.3.6 available

Post by JCD »

Matt wrote:- Added missing maps indication when loading sync into empty ROM files (orange highlights)
"Loading sync into empty ROM file" is not clear to me.
I have the "TP Load Limit" highlighted with a bin file that didn't do that on a previous version.
Should I worry?
Attachments
COst1_444_Z32_9.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

TP load limit is fine. its normal for that map to be all 255s

If you say 'yes' to sync into ROM image then you will have to load a file from our ROM pack for your vehicle

I'm trying to automate this if the ROM pack is installed by searching for the part number in the pack and autoload this. Its been implemented for some ECUs