Customize load scale to BAR scale.

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

streetbike

Customize load scale to BAR scale.

Post by streetbike »

Is it possible to modify the scale in BAR in nistune ?

because it stays allways from -0.7 to +0.5 and it can be more simple if we can adapt it to the real boost scale.

I don't think if I am as clear as I want .....
Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

I'm not a developer of nistune, but to be honest i find the way it works now (MAF based load scale) convenient and i dont think it will be any better with pressure based load sensing - because of the following:
- your engine load is not purely intake manifold pressire (IMP) dependent
- pressure will not always range from -0.7 to 0.5 bar - if you have some impressive long duration cams, a lot of reversion near idle will raise IMP qute a bit and your idle will end up in the middle of the preset IMP scale; on the other hand if you are going to use high boost, you will be off scale
- stock nissan ecu works this way and nistune just reflects internal data structures of the stock ecu, so making another MAP-oriented "software superstructure" may only confuse tuners
- i think rescaling for another MAF is going to be PITA for different displacement engines when using pressure-based scale - because IMP change when not in a steady state will be VE dependent and you will inherit all the flaws that MAP-based ecus have without any real MAP benefit, and you have to calibrate and adjust maf to pressure translation properly for each combination of components that you have. Considering amount of time required to get K-value right, my opinion is that trying to assign pressure values to load scale values is close to waste of time.

That is my IMHO
Cheers,
Petros Katunian
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

You can do like I do and just put a name to the TP load scale via the use of a MAP senor.

For me it would be nice to be able to select PSI vs TP because thats how I have my MAP sensor calibrated to read in vacuum and boost buts its no big deal really.
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Can you please explain a little more detailed how you connect the AVC-R map sensor to NIStune?
Do you connect the Map-Sensor directly to the DLP A/D converter or do you draw of the Map-Sensor signal from inside the AVC-R itself and connect it to the DLP A/D converter?
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

MichaS14a wrote:Can you please explain a little more detailed how you connect the AVC-R map sensor to NIStune?
Do you connect the Map-Sensor directly to the DLP A/D converter or do you draw of the Map-Sensor signal from inside the AVC-R itself and connect it to the DLP A/D converter?
I run my Apexi Map sensor threw my Innovate LM-2 Analoge Input and then into one of the avaialble Nistune Innovate Wideband Aux channel provided by nistune. The you set up your voltage/bit to pressure scale.
Attachments
For Nistune boost vacuum lookup table apexi avcr map sensor.xls
This is my lookup table for the aux channel I use for boost and vacuum
(39 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thanks for the reply!
So since I don't have a LM-2 I must use the solution with DLP A/D converter and try to get the signal directly out of the AVC-R itself as I don't want to buy a second map sensor.
Am I right that you don't put any voltage to the sensor itself?
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

MichaS14a wrote:Thanks for the reply!
So since I don't have a LM-2 I must use the solution with DLP A/D converter and try to get the signal directly out of the AVC-R itself as I don't want to buy a second map sensor.
Am I right that you don't put any voltage to the sensor itself?
The only thing I did was tap into the apexi map sensor signal wire and ground wire and connect them to my LM-2 Analoge inputs +/-.
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Oh! You use only ONE sensor for the AVC-R itself and the connection to the LM-2? This works? Awesome! :D
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Its basically the same as installing any map sensor.

Power
Ground
Signal

The only difference is my map sensor is already powered by the AVCR so I didn't have to worry about that.
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

I will try if I get a Signal if I tee the ground and signal cables from the map sensor. I will post the results. :)