Problem with type 3 bord s14a kouki

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

RoDeO

Problem with type 3 bord s14a kouki

Post by RoDeO »

Have a problem ......

Fuel map dont work!!!

Hardwear is instaled jumper link tooo....car is runing (i dont know on which walues!)

I can use injector multipalayer, latancy rev limits idle controls not shure about ignition map.....

I can change ANY walue on fuel map from 0 till 255 or 120 and that dont have any effect on AFR!!!!!

I remuwed o2 i did that remywing o2 flags remuwing o2 wire ......anyway fuel map dont follow me!!!!!

Where is the problem????

Thanks
PL

Post by PL »

Have you moved the jumper on the motherboard so it's reading from the daughterboard instead of internal maps?

PL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Is it showing ECU ID: xxxxx REV: xx on the screen or only the ECU ID?

If not showing REV then the jumper to use the daughterboard has not been set correctly

If it is showing, what about monitoring the timing values in the guages whislt changing the timing map ... does this correspond to the changes

So injection multiplier works?
RoDeO

Post by RoDeO »

I will check about ECU model and id!!

Didnt look at those feilds!

Yes injector multiplayer works......

that link is there where it must be useing type 3 board soldering instruction!

Thanks
RoDeO

Post by RoDeO »

Sorry I have type 4 board does that change what i need to check?

Mu laptop brake down so i will try to look that info about rev and ECU id today later!

Yes jumper link is on R021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
RoDeO

Post by RoDeO »

Ok hi to day i checked that ECU and rev!!!!

Nistune show them they are:

ECU: 23710-82F08
REV: 12

So what next i also checked Ignition map that map dont respond too

I can put any value at ignition and fuel map i set that to ecu i burned it anyway no changes.....Can anybody say Which map car use because i can even load zero map and car starts, go as usual.....

PLEASE help i realy need to tune it up properlu now i am driving with 0.95 it make a litle detonation at high rev and make a not good afr till 3.4k rev where i allready have boost around 0.3 -0.4 AFR ceeps at 15 -14.5 insted of 13 - 12.8!!!

What next you need i will poust any info which you request to resol my problem!!

Thanks
RoDeO

Post by RoDeO »

Hellloooo....

Please help me!!!

:roll: :roll:
PL

Post by PL »

Hi Robert,

I've never seen a situation where the fuel/IGN maps won't respond if the Injection multiplier works.

If injection multiplier works then normally everything is fine. The only time I've had any problem at all was when the car was jumping to the knock maps - which of course caused any changes in the main maps to have no affect.

Make sure you hit "knock copy" and maybe even do a Re-sync from NIStune to ECU to make sure.

Matt is currently doing some work on Type 4 boards but I don't think anybody else has reported the problem you're having.

PL
RoDeO

Post by RoDeO »

So you are saying that board type 4 works fine on my ECU as i can see ECU number and Rev and injector multiplayer works.......!!!!!????

Ok i will try to make changes on Knock maps!

What else i can sent to you to make research what is hapaning...maybe some log or what ever???????

Because that is not accetable that I can not use ignition and fuel map.....

As i sead i can even load zero ignition and fuel map....of curse when i load complete nothing then car do not start......thats when i conect to ECU dont load enything just pushing buton sent to car nothing then car stops!

Thats realy strange because i call to friends to Lithuania whe have car with type 3 board my second car with JDM redtop sr have too type 3 board and there too is no problems......just with this type 4 bord on my S14a early Black to vvt ecu!!!!!!

So what i need to check to find out what is wrong i can do step by step everything.

So ecu number i can see also Rev i can see...multiplayer works , rev limits works.....what next....

May be i mess somthing may be jo hav some fressh onused map for s14a?

I have GT3076R, 850 injectors and Z32 maf.....as you can see i whant 500Hp........but without posibility to remap it thats imposible!!!!

Please respond ASAP
Thanks
PL

Post by PL »

Have you sent a debug log to Matt yet? That's the best way. He can see exactly what's happening then. Just enable debug log under Configuration and then use NIStune normally. It will create a log file.

PL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Send me through a debug log with changes to the ignition map.

Also monitor the maptrace cursor around the area you changed to the ignition map and determine if the 'timing' consult guage matches what you have changed in that area when the cursor is on it

You can usually tell from the guage if the timing is taking effect by monitoring the change from the guage whilst changing cells that the maptracing cursor is on

The board sounds like its working fine and if all the maps are displaying correctly then it should work
RoDeO

Post by RoDeO »

Ok I will make that debug log....hope that will find the problem.....

As i understand ignition map do NOT have degrese on it just values because if in the map is 24 - somthing ,gauge show 15 degrees

And if i am so stupid that everything is ok but that just dont work for me.....
That you will see in debug log?

How long that debug log must be? During that log i will make changes on ignition and fuel map that will bee enaught?
Do i need to burn them sent to ecu?

Thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Fuel map will log everything you do. Just make some changes to ignition around the maptrace cursor whilst consult is enabled so we can see if it changes

Adjust a block of timing (make the cells the same with CTRL-F to fill) and then +/- that block and see if consult timing reflect that change

Screenshots can also be helpful (ALT-PRINTSCN) then paste into MSPaint or similar
RoDeO

Post by RoDeO »

So.....
Here the results:

Find out that ecu takes data from Knock maps ignition and fuel...thats great as i can changenow them!
Question is way it uses knock maps they supoust to be like back up maps when knock is detected not useing like base maps!!!

So now i started to tune it up everuthing works i can change AFR and ignition.

But i have problem to get good AFR between 0 - 10PSI it keeps 14,5 ....i disabled o2 feedback in both maps knock and base i every movment copied in both maps as i think that somtimes it uses base map!

I can make any load betveen loads wheere boost is just started and there is no changes in afr strange but when it hits 3,4k RPM or 34 load it starts to read what i have done in map...way that...

And interesting is that when i drive in 4th gear i hit the accelator it wideband shows 12,5 what great and in next second it starts to drop till14,5 and holds till boost gets to ~10psi or 3,4k RPMs i cant change that!

What i can do to get 12,5-13 on that area when boost is starting??????

O and if i make extra leen in that area 0-10psi 16-30load it makes afr extra leen.....but if i make extra reech it dont do that with afr....

Whay that?

i also attached log and printscreen.....

Thanks
Attachments
nistune-0807-1904.rar
(317.1 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Last edited by RoDeO on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoDeO

Post by RoDeO »

!!
Attachments
load.rar
Here i muwed load ...if i do that it is 12,5 when boost is staarting, but then there is just 5 colums with cruise no boost map and the rest is load colums thats not excaly what is right!
(66.39 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
nistune-0807-1834.log
(50.86 KiB) Downloaded 101 times