LC-1 Help

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

Z-Fox

LC-1 Help

Post by Z-Fox »

Hi All,

New here, so please forgive if this is already posted, I've looked but have't found what I'm after.

I've got the board in, consult cable all working can do all the nice observational things on the laptop. All readouts perfect.

Have got the Wideband LC-1 tested and ready to go. Software installed (Innovate Logworks2)

So what do you do now? I've selected the Innovate Model in Nistune for the Wideband device. But I'm not sure what part of the manual I'm meant to be reading. Do I have to point the wideband lookup tables to something from Logworks?

Basically, where do i go from here?

My end result is to stop my car running lean, so I'm wondering how I get the wideband readouts into Nistune and then what do I do to tweak.

Kinda wish there was a 'How to for dummies, step by step', but don't see it written anywhere.

Any advice, manual reference or even an overview of what you have done to make it work would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

:D
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

NIStune Software Users Manual. Section 16...

Innovate MTS

File - Configuration - Browse Wideband Directory
C:\Program Files\NIStune\Wideband\Innovate

Then select your COM port for the Innovate and connect to it

That should get you going to start with

Inside this wideband directory are six auxillary lookup table files (only 5 get used for most units). You can change the 1-1024 lookup to map to different output readings inside these tables
Z-Fox

Ok, thanks

Post by Z-Fox »

Thanks Matt, I'll give it a shot on the weekend. Will let you know how I go. It's probably a good thing that I keep a little journal on this topic for others. No doubt there will be plenty more in my shoes.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Should all be covered in that section of the manual. We try and cover what we can in the documentation
Z-Fox

Now what do I do?

Post by Z-Fox »

Hi Matt,

Here's some collected data from the AFR map trace, the wideband worked extremely well.

I just don't get what I'm supposed to do now. I know adjusting some map vaules appears to be the order, but where, and to what? Do I just add the difference between the AFR Trace and the 14.7 map? Honestly I don't get where I'm supposed to go from here???

(Edit, looks like you server won't take my Jpeg (600kb). Keeps timing out)

Anyhow, you know what it is
Z-Fox

Nasty stuff

Post by Z-Fox »

Hi Matt, after fixing a fuel leak and vaccum leak the AFR trace recorded very well. Unfortunatley the Greddy Ultimate that used to be in my car obviously supported larger injectors (Considering the fuel consumption) and the collected group knowledge of the Z forum and Autobarn professionals. Now I know why Nissan at Croydon kept at my car, overhauling the entire motor without my consent or knowledge, when I only wanted the hose pipes replaced. It appears my Z is called a 'Sleeper'. High performance with good mods but completley hidden to outside eyes. This explains a GREAT deal in retrospect(!) Nissan Croydon took my Greddy ECU (Ultimate) harness and housing, and anything else they could strip. Everyone tells me the massive fuel consumption was due to large injectors, (And hence the requirement of the Greddy to handle them). Mind you they also removed my turbos, of which I can only guess to what they were.

Anyhow, at the moment I'm seeing all the AFR traces mimicing the 'Target AFR' downloaded from the Z. So I am presuming this is as good as it gets? There is no need to tune it any further?

I have no knowledge of what AFR to tune to, but some say 12 at high revs. It doesn't say anything in the manuals that I can find. I've been over and over them again and again. And from what I can gather tuning everything to 14.7 is dangerous. What or where is the advice or web page on this?

I'm hoping this isn't a case of suck it and see.

But I am glad that Nistune did show up the Vac leak and fuel leak. Please inform.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll send you though a draft tuning document to start with which PL has been putting together

We can help people out with tuning using the software, but cant really teach people from scratch how to tune

Ideally some background reading about engines, and how the effects and consequences of modifying the timing and AFR tables etc in your ECU will assist you to know where you are aiming for