Need Help Setting Up a KA24DE ECU

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Alsontime

Need Help Setting Up a KA24DE ECU

Post by Alsontime »

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to provide some guidance to get my setup ready to tune. Here is what Im working with:

KA24DE
T04E Turbo
Tial Wastegate (14psi Spring)
Stock Cams
50lb (525cc) MSD Injectors
MSD Ignition
Wiseco Pistons (bore 40 over)
PLX Devices Wideband
Q45 MAF

Here is the problem:
I do have access to a dyno and have attempted to start to tune the car using the steps that are recommended in the users manual. I have set the injector size to 525, then set the MAF to Q45. Then I set the target afr to 14.7 and turn all cells that are closed loop OFF. Next I start the car and start adjusting the K Constant which is 52560 to a lower setting because initially the afr's from the wideband are 10-11. When I get the afrs to settle around 14.7 (K Constant ~25000-30000), as soon as I rev the engine even slightly the afrs quickly raise to 17-18. The only way to cure this is to set the K Constant to 42000-50000 and then idle is then again too rich. I have adjusted the injection latency to try to remedy this but I get the same results or the car just runs very rough. (Initially set at 1440, and as low as 220) All afrs listed are at full running temperature. Any ideas of what it could be? Am I not setting something correctly?
that guy

same problem

Post by that guy »

I have the same problem. Im actually driving my car like this, runs hard though. 740 cc inj, Z32 Maf Suck through setup. Master Power turbo .70 A/R compressor 5" inducer 2.5" exducer, .48 A/R T3 Turbine Housing stage 2 wheel. Cast Iron rev hard manifold. My K constant is like 29129 or somthing.
It runs like 12.3-10.9 idle 9.3-12.1 Wide Open throttle. 10psi boost. innovative Lm1 wideband. My inj lattencey is set to 0. Deatch werks injectors.
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Try the TTP min /max. this may correct the rich idle issue. never scale injectors for idle. scale them for medium/max load.
Alsontime

Post by Alsontime »

that guy wrote:I have the same problem. Im actually driving my car like this, runs hard though. 740 cc inj, Z32 Maf Suck through setup. Master Power turbo .70 A/R compressor 5" inducer 2.5" exducer, .48 A/R T3 Turbine Housing stage 2 wheel. Cast Iron rev hard manifold. My K constant is like 29129 or somthing.
It runs like 12.3-10.9 idle 9.3-12.1 Wide Open throttle. 10psi boost. innovative Lm1 wideband. My inj lattencey is set to 0. Deatch werks injectors.
Do you have a KA or SR? If its KA, would you mind posting your .bin file for your current tune? I would like to take a look at it.

Ill try adjusting the TTPMIN and MAX.
that guy

ka bin

Post by that guy »

ka 740cc bin factory timing.
Attachments
740 cc inj factory timing.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
that guy

Post by that guy »

how do i scale for medium max load? And thanks for info.
Alsontime

Post by Alsontime »

TTMin and Max adjustments seemed to make no difference. Any other guesses or advice on things to try?
that guy

Post by that guy »

It worked for me B-ro. my car hunts at idle but, at least it does'nt flood now. IM getting closer.
Twin-turboZ

Post by Twin-turboZ »

One thing to look out for is if the maf is located too close to the turbo inlet, it will be affected by reversion and air turbulence from the compressor.

A while ago I had a KA24DE-T with a N62 maf on the dyno and it was doing similar things to what you are describing.

The Maf was located about 12" from the turbo in the engine compartment with a nearly straight shot at the compressor.

Out of frustration i put a long section of mandrel bent 3" pipe between the turbo and the maf and voila.... problem gone.

We ended up fabricating a new inlet pipe and the maf is now behind the bumper and works great.
Alsontime

Post by Alsontime »

The maf on my KA is about 12-14 inches from the turbo, attached after a 45* bend. Should I move the maf right before the throttle body? Seems like you might get the same thing (turbulance) when the trottle body closes.
Twin-turboZ

Post by Twin-turboZ »

It seems the more distance you can get between the maf and the compressor the better, and bends help as well.
I ran the new intake pipe through the original hole in the inner fender and the maf now lives behind the front bumper.

Im not sure that the blow through method is a great idea because the intake air after the compressor varies greatly in temperature depending on load, so since the maf works on a principle of measuring the amount of current required to keep a filament at a constant temperature, the drastic changes in air temp would probably not be the greatest.