Request: Window resize and logger view

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Steve88t

Request: Window resize and logger view

Post by Steve88t »

Older laptops with less than 1024x768 cannot see everything they need. Re sizable windows would greatly help that.

It would be nice to be able to see more than 4 items in the consult logger in one view. I "think" you can add them to "selection1", "selection2", etc. But you can only view 4 at once when you play them back.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Which windows specifically?

The AFR GRID views would be very difficult (rescaling fonts, moving tick boxes etc) and are in my TODO list

Equally the same with the the log playback viewer. However I can look into it

Adding more fields to the viewer is easier. Just need to add some more code into support more displayable lines
Mads B (dk)

Post by Mads B (dk) »

my carpc only run 800x600, it would be nice if it was possble to see all the buttoms :D
1991 Nissan S13 CA18DET EURO Spec.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i've got one of my laptops running that resolution so I know exactly what you guys are talking about. Its on the list... just time to get around to doing those (hopefully some time this week... type 4 seems to be sorted now)
Mads B (dk)

Post by Mads B (dk) »

nice :D
1991 Nissan S13 CA18DET EURO Spec.
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

Matt, did we get anywhere with this as i am currently building a carpc as well, just waiting now on my touch screen. In 800x600 not everything is visible.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

its on the enhancements list but i've been working on higher priority stuff at this stage. it will happen, not overnight but the more i get 'bugged' about something the more i will focus my attention on getting that done!
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

no sweat, i can live with it. Thanks
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

This where a very good thing as I build now my car-pc and my screen has also a resultion of 800x600 too. :D

When you do this can you look into the code of the gauges too? I like the functionality from ECUTalk very much. ECUTalk scales the size of the gauges depend on how much gauges do you want to see. A very nice feature to get a look on important values while driving. :)
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

we do have an option for this...

File - Configuration - Smaller Multiple Gauge display

This will do a 2 x 2 display rather than 3 x 3

I agree something which automatically does the layout could be done instead (and it shouldnt be difficcult to implement). I'll add that to the list
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thanks!
I think an automatic layout on how big the gauge-window is and how much gauges are to display will be a good improvement.

My idea is to display important values as gauges on the display from the car-pc while driving.
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
JimmyZ89

Post by JimmyZ89 »

Matt wrote:its on the enhancements list but i've been working on higher priority stuff at this stage. it will happen, not overnight but the more i get 'bugged' about something the more i will focus my attention on getting that done!
Ok I'm bugging you now that I'm jumping into the carpc thing. My main idea was to not have to carry my laptop everywhere with me. The main use for mine is Nistune and to have the USB consult gauges displayed, I have a Z31 type1 board. Making it all fit into 800x600 would be great for 6.5" lcd. Maybe these could motivate you a little more :wink:

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm currently updating the log player window to be resizable. I've created the new panel and started code for the resizable window
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay done. now send me another screenshot with your carpc showing updated guages and log viewer! :D

i've had a few spare hours to get this done this weekend (which is not normal around here)
JimmyZ89

Post by JimmyZ89 »

Here is the an updated video using ver. 0.9.7.1b. In 800x600 it fits and most of it fits in 640x480, my lcd's native resolution which does look sharper. Would it be possible to make the consult display gauge window go to full screen like the consult gauge view window? I've noticed that most 6"-8" lcd have a resolutions from 640x480 (4x3), 800x480(wide screen) & 800x600 (4x3), something to consider. Take a look through the album for comparison pics of 640x480 & 800x600 resolutions. Also note the when I selected the "Fit Screen" radio button on the Consult Log View window it would not play the log. Thanks for the update :D