RB20DET with 440cc GTR injectors - any issues???

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

PL

RB20DET with 440cc GTR injectors - any issues???

Post by PL »

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if there are any issues with changing the standard high impedance injectors to the low impedance GTR type?

I'm assuming that you just need to add dropping resistors of around 10 ohms and you should be in business?

Do you need to fiddle with injector latency values or anything? I'm kinda thinking that you would???

Thanks
Pete L
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

Ive had GTR injectors in my 32 for months now, cant tell you what the k constant is as i also fitted z32 AFM at the same time. Latency has to be changed to 1540 uS.
PL

Post by PL »

This one was running a Z32 AFM too. Finished up with K around 250. Where did you end up?

PL
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

PL

Post by PL »

Sounds fair. We had to lower the K value as well as lowering the values in the fuel table a lot to get mixtures right (around 12:1). Fuel table values at high load finished up being under 20!

But then idle finished up being on the lean side so we increased values in that area of the fuel map. It still idled pretty lean if O2 sensor was disabled but once O2 sensor was enabled again it pulled idle mixtures back to stoichiometric so we left it at that.

PL
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

If you want to pm me your email address i can send you my BIN file to try, not completely tune as my WB o2 sensor died, have to get it fixed, but i have pushed 210 kw's at the wheels on the dyno at work. I'm running a GCG rb25 hi flowed turbo at 15 psi but there is no lean out issues if you want to try it. I think the fuel map has been expanded as well. Send me yours as well so i can compare them.