Having issues with VLT cutting out when hitting boost

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

vlct87

Having issues with VLT cutting out when hitting boost

Post by vlct87 »

Hi All,

I have had the nistune board for a long time but have only just got the car sorted to a point i can now move forward with tuning it.

I have a Vl turbo -
using NA vl ecu with nistune

550cc gtr injectors
standard afm - blow through

have resized injectors and have AFR in a good spot.

Car is starting and running better then ever but a soon as it starts making boost car was cutting out.
At first it went lean s i started playing with fuel map to up the fuel and now it will cut as soon as it hits boost then come back and cut again.

Reading through all the documents and looking at the tune it looks like it is a load issue as as soon as i change injectors half the load table goes to 255

Sorry for the dumb questions but i don't know how to adjust the load back so i can stop maxing it out. This may not be the issue but its what i'm pointing to.

Thank you in advance for the help. was working fine with na ecu on low boost before hand so i dont think it is a issue with the car. once i can get the car to stop cutting out i can get it to a safe and drivable point i can drop it off to a tunner.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Having issues with VLT cutting out when hitting boost

Post by Matt »

Can you please post your log and current tune file?

With just the 550CC injectors, it will adjust the TP Max Load table to have 255 at the top end, but should not affect TP Load scale table

It should also only adjust total injection multiplier. I'd be interested to see the MAF voltage in the log file
vlct87

Post by vlct87 »

Hi Matt,

Did some logs but found it was just lack of idea and was making it go from 14.5 to 10 afr instantly and was making it hit the 225 and stall out till it dropped.

Played with it and went fr a run and starting to take shape, Got a little keen and have now done the head gasket. not stressed it was my fault.
On a positive not it was on the right track i was just rushing to much so i could take it in to get on the rollers.

Should have it fixed and back to having a play shortly.

P.S AFM topped out at 3.5v long way off 5v, na decomp motor set on 10ps1 garret gt3540
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

P.S AFM topped out at 3.5v long way off 5v,
5V will be about 350-370rwkw