Injector and Coil packs drivers / mosfets used in Nissan ECU

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

RomChip200

Injector and Coil packs drivers / mosfets used in Nissan ECU

Post by RomChip200 »

Do some people have the part numbers of some typical injector/coil packs drivers (i.e mosfets or IGBTs) used in Nissan ECUs ?

I want to check if I can find some mosfets that would give better performance in current rush, commutation time or conductance.

I already modded the mosfets in the Z32 fuel pump controller (stagged voltages, low/mid/high) to be able to support the Walbro 450PLH.
Since, the new mosfets have 80A output capability.
This is working fine for 2 years.
RomChip200

Re: Injector and Coil packs drivers / mosfets used in Nissan ECU

Post by RomChip200 »

For memory:

Well,

Fitting a Walbro 485 in 300zx is a long-term adventure and require engineering skills.
I upgraded the FPCU:
_Thicker copper tracks on PCB
_MOSFET 2SK3715 (better than 2SK3705 on pictures)
_freewheeling diode F20UP60DN
_All the external wiring upgraded to 12AWG silicone wire to handle the ~20A of the pump.

Pictures are there:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NSsyhKiWDNfVPkhB9

And I fitted the pump to the original lid:
_ribbed hose
_prefer nylon washers/sleeves to go through the lid (rubber will be eaten with E85)
_I replaced the fuel level sensor with a new unit from Nissan D22 pickup, the problem you need to adapt the float, but resistance range is the same (5 Ohms when full, 80 Ohms when empty)
_stainless screws everywhere

Results:
_low mode: pump gets 6V, 3 bars with OEM FPR and vacuum line disconnected
_middle mode: pump should get 7V, not tested but pretty sure I can get 3 bars too
_full mode: pump gets 12V, 4.1 bars !!! nothing less. OEM FPR cannot handle the flowrate
== > Fuel map needs to be fully revisited according to the pressures being jeopardized now.

I still have a problem with the FPCU: at low mode, the ripple current from the pump and MOSFETs is so high, the capacitor 47uF/63V (orange one after the coil) gets VERY HOT.
Even if it’s rated @125°C, this is a weakness now. Waiting for Rubycon 220uF/80V 130°C to replace it.

Ref: https://conceptzperformance.com/blog/de ... -addendum/
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've only ever had to replace them, when customers burn out their current ones

Coils: Anything RB based uses individual SMD transistors inside a ceramic daughterboard. Z32 as you know the transistors are on the rear of the main board. SR20 unsure, but likely a single driver IC chip like the R34 NEO ECU uses

Injector drivers: Z31/R31/S13 CA18 use two individual transistor drivers NEC 2SD970 or 2SC3560

SR20/R34 etc PU4424, 4AK19 (R34), UPA14514, UPA1557, 1558 etc. ECUs tend to switch between NEC or Hiatchi drivers with similar characteristics. Most of them have a plate and conformal coating over the part# making them difficult to read
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

300ZX ECU:
NEC UPA1558H *3
Hitachi HF9909 *2
NEC K591 *2
FMU24R

Unable to find datasheet of HF9909 or HF99xx family :cry: