LOG player window separation

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

LOG player window separation

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
not sure if its a bug or by design but its really painful to try and keep log player drop down window attached to the log graph.
can we add an attach tick box?

they frequently become seperated when tuning especially as the "open window" count seems to be unlimited regardless of setting it to 4.

I tend to step through the log using left and right arrow keys and need wideband window and fuel or timing map open but often the logplayer seperates.
during dyno sessions this is a royal pain as to get the log to record, you need to ensure, consult, wideband, and log player is running every time you make a dyno run due to ignition cycling off/on. Then drive the dyno software also.
maybe a dyno mode button that does the 3 at once?

Logplayer offline viewing (no consult available) doesn't always allow for wideband connection window to open so maybe adding a wideband reconnect check and timeout value of a few seconds would resolve some of the issue. I would much prefer to see the window open immediately when pressed and then watch its connection status rather than it fail connection and then look elsewhere on the screen for the problem.

KR
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Re: LOG player window separation

Post by Matt »

When does it become separated? Can you show a screenshot?

The main window (panel) will move the graphic (bottom section) around with it. So that should always be attached. You cannot drag the bottom section away (unless you resize from the top)

However the bottom section can become hidden (or top) to make it appear separated

*I need to make an update when you click on one part of the logger, it brings the other part 'to the top'

F1 = shortcut key list
F4 = consult quick connect, R5 = wideband quick connect

With wideband window not connected, use F11 to display the wideband
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

I used to use function keys but my new laptop keeps turning the function keys in to other features and Bios doesn't seem lock Func on so I went back to clicking them for consistency.
but if there was a combo function key...
dyno key = consult, wideband, logplayer record. with relative wait time to ensure each step worked it could be helpful.
log player sep.png
(213.02 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If I have a spare function key, I could issue F4 and F5 and 'R' sequence from that (but if one was connected, and the other wasn't then it would disconnect the connected one, since F4/F5 toggle).

The 'R' key on the log window will record in the logger

I will try and get one window to pull the other up. I'm in the middle of a bunch of fixes at the moment so can squeeze that into the next build
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

For next version:

Log windows updated, so when you activate one, the other is activated (if behind another window)

Also changed F9 from mapcopy to do the Consult + Wideband 1 + 2 connection (if configured)

Use the R button to record in the logger, space to pause/unpause