ka24e s13 1.5k rev limit in 5th gear only

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

acrazyjohnny

ka24e s13 1.5k rev limit in 5th gear only

Post by acrazyjohnny »

Hi guys I have a completely stock for the moment s13 running a ka24e engine. I just got the board back from matt. So I believe everything is good with that. I just found this out yesterday while coming home from jury duty. As soon as I put it in 5th gear and let off the clutch and gave it a little gas felt like nothing was there. I thought something was wrong. I put it in neutral and it idled fine no signs of anything wrong. So I put it back in 4th gear and back to normal Fine cruising. I was on the highway the whole time cruising not speeding or trying to go fast at all.

haven't had time to mess with it yet so no logs. Looking for some input before I do anything I have a stock base tune on it which is what puzzles me. I might go back to the stock ecu if i keep having this issue.

Thanks for any help in advance john
Matt
Site Admin

Re: ka24e s13 1.5k rev limit in 5th gear only

Post by Matt »

Do you still have the factory chip there? Install it again and check if you have the issue

If so then if you can post the board and chip back I can use the image from that chip directly into the board rather than one which might be from a slightly different model ECU
acrazyjohnny

Post by acrazyjohnny »

i still have the factory ecu untouched.i had another ecu from the same car year make and model.

i have some new findings when i burn the stock .bin provided in the rom pack its ok it revs up like it should in 5th gear. its only after a short time of me driving that it will not rev past 1500 rpm. all other gears run fine and have no issues
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Do you have the original chip out of the ECU you fitted the board to? If you reinstall that chip ECU runs okay? If so can you post me the chip and the board and I'll move that base code into the board for you
acrazyjohnny

Post by acrazyjohnny »

fixed the issue the easiest way I know I just unplugged the 5th gear sensor
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There seems to be a difference between the ROM image in your chip, and the one provided for your ECU. If you wanted to mail your chip here still I can add this one to the ROM pack