Really in Trouble!

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Manfredi300ZX

Really in Trouble!

Post by Manfredi300ZX »

Hello to all,
My name is Manfred, I write from Italy, and i have a '90 Z32 TT
One of the first changes I purchased is a NisTune Board Type 2 by ConceptZPerformance.
I did install the daughterboard on my Ecu by ax expert Ecu Tuner, but now, when hooking the unit to the car and turn on the key A/C fans start rolling and neither the Nistune Software nor the ConZult are able to communicate with the ECU.
Does anybody can give me suggestions?
I checked and both the welds and the direction of the 4 cables are properly placed ...

actually i'm using an other ECU with a chip inside, but i would like to use the otherone with the Nistune On Board!!

Thanks a lot!
Eric

Re: Really in Trouble!

Post by Eric »

Does it work when you put the old eprom back in the socket instead of the Nistune board ?

(Also I presume you did try the ECU on the car before the Nistune install and it worked ?)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you dont have the original EPROM you can also try the chip from the other Z32 ECU in this one
Manfredi300ZX

Post by Manfredi300ZX »

Good morning guys!
I have been in trouble with my work and i had to forget my Z for a long time. But now it's all solved and i "should have time" to work on my Z32 TT.
First of all i'll try to put the eprom which i'm running actually on the old ECU to test the ecu.
After that i'll try again the Board2: it is available to program the Board2 with an Eprom Programmer?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune board NVRAM chips requires a special store sequence which normal programmers cannot do. You need a Base image programmer to reprogram the board
Manfredi300ZX

Post by Manfredi300ZX »

Matt wrote:Nistune board NVRAM chips requires a special store sequence which normal programmers cannot do. You need a Base image programmer to reprogram the board
Understood. I'll look for it!
An other question: an easy way to solve my problem is to buy a new board for 240,00 AUS Dollars.
Will i be able to work it with my NisTune Individual license Software?