Help Identifying Corupt Rom Image

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

casilvia

Help Identifying Corupt Rom Image

Post by casilvia »

Hey Guys, i'm new to the forum but i have lurked around for years. I believe i have a possible corrupt image but i am unsure at this point. When reading the technical manual I came accross this:

The description in the first paragraph does decribe my issue a little bit. Let me give a breif summary first:

Car ran all 2013 with no problems
Car was stored for winter, battery died, tune was lost
My car was tuned by a professional tuner, i got him to send me the BIN file in order to reload it.
Now the car will start and idle for roughly 5 mins (no heat registers on the stock or aftermarket temp guages so its not heating up that much)
Car dies completely on its own after 5 mins
During this 5 minute span i can rev it up no problem
After it dies the car will not start again and the fuel pump surges, sometime stays on 100%, relay's flicker...
At this point i reload the tune again but essentially im just going in circles

Here lies my problem, the car was tuned 3 years ago and since then the shop is out of business. I ASSUME the hardware is still functioning properly because the car revs and idle completely normal (for 5 mins) and ran normal all last year. I don't have a stock image to load but to be honest the car is far from stock anyways. Im not sure if i can actually load a stock tune.

The car has the following modifications:
CA19DET
444cc, GTR injectors
HKS 256 cams
N62 MAF

The fix on the above picture says load the stock image, i doubt this will work give how modified the motor is now. Correct?
To me it sounds like the file i was given is corrupt but i do not have another file to load nor am i smart enough to start changing values on my own.

Sorry for the novel but i am honestly stuck. Can someone shed some light on this for me or possibly send me a known working BIN file to help me eliminate some more possibilities?

Any help is appreciated
Last edited by casilvia on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
raddy

Re: Help Identifying Corupt Rom Image

Post by raddy »

nistune board is using non volatile memory,so does not need battery backup to keep data. So very first point is not correct, I doubt if your troubles have anything with tune data lost. Is possible to connect to ecu and download data to check it? Also check if board is secured in socket...
casilvia

Post by casilvia »

raddy wrote:nistune board is using non volatile memory,so does not need battery backup to keep data. So very first point is not correct, I doubt if your troubles have anything with tune data lost. Is possible to connect to ecu and download data to check it? Also check if board is secured in socket...

Interesting, all of these problems did start once the battery died, i assumed the tune was corrupted at that point.

I can connect to the ECU with no problems and i have downloaded the ECU image on a few occasions. I do not know what i would be looking for to "check" once that image is downloaded.

I will confirm the ECU hardware installation again as per the manuals tonight.
raddy

Post by raddy »

check if maps and tables looks "normal",for example compared to factory binary. Can you connect to ecu even when engine doesnt start?
casilvia

Post by casilvia »

raddy wrote:check if maps and tables looks "normal",for example compared to factory binary. Can you connect to ecu even when engine doesnt start?
I can connect and consult only after i reload the one ADR file i have. Otherwise i have the exact symtoms of type 1, limp mode:

page 15 - http://nistune.com/docs/Installation_an ... ostics.pdf
casilvia

Post by casilvia »

OK good news/bad news.

Good news, i opened the ECU and everything is tightly glued down and all wiring and soldering looks good.

Bad news, the car will not start. Last night the car went in to limp mode. Finally got it to consult, loaded in my one and only bin file i have and the car would not start.

I was able to pull the ECU image before i loaded the tune but i forgot that ECU image at home. I can load that bin file if anyone cares to look at it.

Coles Notes:
Fired up the car Tuesday
Ran for 5 mins
Went in to limp mode
Reloaded my bin file
Car will not start now

Does anyone have a bin file i can load on the car to see if it will start and rule out if my bin file has been corrupted?

CA19DET
444cc, GTR injectors
HKS 256 cams
N62 MAF
Last edited by casilvia on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

email me and I can send you through a tune to try out

info[at]nistune.com