CANNOT CONNECT- error messages...

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

SupSay Z

CANNOT CONNECT- error messages...

Post by SupSay Z »

hey guys, whats up? for those that dont know me from the other z31 boards, i have owned z31's for about 5 years, Z's for about 11 years. i currently have 2 z31's, 84 AE and an 84T gl model. the later is where the nistune is installed. problem i am having is that everytime i connect and hit the consult button, as per quick start guide, i get different error messages; "Consult communications error - Unable to read all consult register date", "No data received - Check connections", "Possible corrupt ECU image" and another one with 3 possible errors, but i didnt write down the other one. i uninstalled the software and installed it several times. i also opened up the ecu to verify that the connections were good and everything looked fine. this is using an 89n/a ECU with the 88ss image loaded for the 84T. any suggestions? thanx a lot guys.

alex
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

problem i am having is that everytime i connect and hit the consult button, as per quick start guide, i get different error messages; "Consult communications error - Unable to read all consult register date", "No data received - Check connections", "Possible corrupt ECU image" and another one with 3 possible errors, but i didnt write down the other one.
That sounds strange. What I will need to get from you is the following

- Name of the address file you are using
- Log file when the disconnects occur
File-Configuration-Debug Logging and tick this box
Saved log files are in c:\Program Files\NIStune\logs if you could send those after the disconnect attempts

i uninstalled the software and installed it several times.
you shouldn't need to do this. reinstalling wont fix anything in regards to error that you get. the only time you would ever need a reinstall if if files were missing from your installation
i also opened up the ecu to verify that the connections were good and everything looked fine.
if you are able to get some photos at all of the installation and post those or email them to me... i can have a quick check
SupSay Z

Post by SupSay Z »

hey Matt,

the address file im using is Z31_VG30_256_E_86-89.adr and a Z31_VG30ET_26P00_1988_SS.bin. no logs were saved from before, but ill get you these tomorrow. by the way, the fuel pump never came on, i swapped in my stock ecu and the pump came on for the 7 secs as normal.

thanx Matt
Attachments
CIMG0486.JPG
(242.25 KiB) Downloaded 2437 times
CIMG0489.JPG
(237.78 KiB) Downloaded 2437 times
CIMG0494.JPG
(233.35 KiB) Downloaded 2437 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thanks for putting the photos up...

okay the wiring order is backwards compared to the latest revision (Version 2.2) install document, which is what I verified during my last install (more photos to be added)

Connector Wire 1 - ECU throughhole #33
Connector Wire 2 - ECU throughhole #32
Connector Wire 3 - ECU throughhole #31
Connector Wire 4 - ECU throughhole #30

you might have an earlier version of the document where I got it backwards