Z31 several issues

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

ozzyrulez

Z31 several issues

Post by ozzyrulez »

Hello everyone. I'm having a few issues with Nistune. My ECU is originally a JWT 3BAR. I sent it Australia where I believe Matt installed the Nistune components. It is currently still running the 3BAR tune.

The first issue I'm having is Nistune is saying that my ECU is for a Skyline RB20. Where I have my 86-89 address file loaded

When I select YES for Nistune to load the address file I get this

Followed by this

It absolutely refuses to load it. If I force it to use the 86-89 I can connect with Consult and read everything as well as download my current tune to the laptop. If I don't have Nistune connected it runs and drives great. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm really stumped.

The last issue I'm having is a "stumble" or breaking up when Nistune is connected. I had this issue since day one. I assumed it was laptop related. Now I'm using new laptop and the stumble is there anytime Nistune is connected to the ECU. It idles fine and revs fine, but the second an actual load is put on it, it breaks up across the whole RPM range. Data logging is impossible.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Z31 several issues

Post by Matt »

Click 'no' for now when connecting. Your board does not have an ECU part number loaded in it. So it comes up as '00000'. One of the entries for the address definitions in Nistune 'HR33' was left blank, so it is finding this file instead now

In short its a software glitch. Try version 0.12.10 which should resolve this now
ozzyrulez

Post by ozzyrulez »

Ok thanks Matt! That is what I have been doing to bypass it.

What would cause the roughness and stumble when consult is connected? I thought it was the laptop, that didn't fix it. I bought a new USB cable with a ferrite in it thinking it was interference. I can't get a good data log with it breaking up the way it is. Any thoughts on that?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thats strange for a 1986-89 ECU. I do have a firmware update for the Type 1 boards to resolve stumbing during running

What is the ECU part# and REV of the board shown when you connect in Nistune?
ozzyrulez

Post by ozzyrulez »

Thanks Matt. The ECU number is showing as 23710-00000 and Rev is 16 (U)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Latest revision but perhaps the base ROM file is having issues. Please email me info[at]nistune.com and I can organise another part number to use instead with this ECU