Rb25det pin-out problems/nistune

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

supersayianjim

Rb25det pin-out problems/nistune

Post by supersayianjim »

so iam in a bit of a rut people. previously i installed the consult plug for my rb20det. it was a breeze of an install and it did what is was supposted to do. now apparently it's not so easy and the damn computer won't connect with the nistune ecu.

so iam hoping you guys can help me out here.

heres the diagram i used for my previous install. it's from the fsm. and apparently it dosen't have the rb25det pinout
(just the de-non turbo one).

so one has to assume that the 20-25 are the same right??

whats weird is on the diagram pin 55 has no use. but on my actuall harness power goes there??? so i got that for my 12v source.

heres my tx splice.

and heres my rx splice

and my clk splice

for the guys who are more visiual. my splices are as follows.

tx=red wire. with white stripe

rx=yellow wire with red stripe

clk=brown wire,yellow strips

12v=55 pin.

so when i try to connect the nistune to my ecu i get a momentarly blink from the rx light. but no connection

so guys do i have this wired wrong?? is the rb25 pinout plug funky, or am i just screwed???

i updated the drivers on my laptop(apparently).

HELP GUYS!!!
Last edited by supersayianjim on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Rb25det pin-out problems/nistune

Post by Matt »

Use this guide. We already pinned it out for you here
http://nistune.com/docs/MAF_and_Consult_pinouts.pdf

Trying to look at the photos but really need to see that the consult plug pins are the correct way around (see picture inside document) as having TX/RX/CLK backwards can cause issues

For checking drivers, if you click on connect in consult in Nistune, the green light on the PLMS USB consult cable should flicker momentarily when communicating to the ECU
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

i actually used that diagram in conjunction with the fsm diagram. (the bnr 32 diagrams) the pin amount and setup looks about right.

and the light does flicker(but barely). when iam trying to connect to the ecu via consult.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay drivers are working fine if you get the flicker and Nistune is running fine on correct COM port

Those wire colours you posted, is that the ECU or consult port?

Can you photo the consult port and those wires (similar to the pic in that PDF) since the colours change with different plugs
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

Those colors are the ecu wires. I went through today and double checked and I do have the right wires soldered/spliced.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Is ECU running fine (not in limp mode or anything like that?)
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

well the thing is i had it uploaded with a stock 300zxtt(z32) tune. and i was told that if i get a z32 maf that the car will run fine. I tried it once with the nistune ecu, and the car sputtered and shut off.

i got this setup from a fellow named andy. as you can see that appears to be a type board,correct me if iam wrong,??
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Andy (AVP) would have tested it before posting the ECU so I would think the ECU should not be in limp mode. Is this the only ECU you have there at the moment?
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

the only nistune ecu at the moment. the stock ecu runs just fine aside from when i get into higher rpm/wot. then it feels like it's cutting out. iam going to contribute that to the bigger intake manifold/bigger turbo/stock injectors and tune.

he did recommend me to try my consult cable on another obd car to see if thats the issue. but since there is a blink on one of the lights, but no communication i can't see that be the issue right??
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I dont think that would be an issue since the cable blinks (and since its a brand new cable should be fine!)
the only nistune ecu at the moment. the stock ecu runs just fine aside from when i get into higher rpm/wot.
Okay you do not have to use the Nistune fitted ECU to use the Nistune software. You can use it with the factory ECU to connect, view gauges, log and download maps still

So plug your stock ECU in and see if it connects with that. If it doesn't we have still eliminated the laptop with consult cable (blinking light) and the ECU after this... which would leave the wiring ordering
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

well i tried connecting with the stock ecu and no dice.

i utilized the wiring diagram you supplied, as well as one from here.

http://www.s-chassis.com/resources/wiki ... RB25,_RB26

seems everything matches up.
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

Bump! Anyone! I need this car running properly guys?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Its difficult to resolve the wiring issue you have here (confirmed with stock ECU) via the forum

What I would suggest is using a multimeter in buzz mode and using our supplied diagram make sure each line shows continuity from ECU pin end to consult plug end (ie the wires marked on our consult plug photo)
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

well iam a idiot!!! the same thing that i did with my rb20det wiring i did with this one. seems i got the wrong 3 pins(upside down).

finally got it worked out. and for the noobs heres some pics.

and heres what they should look like.

also my ground was faulty(always check your ground people)...
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

so i got this weird message, matt is this normal with type 3 borads?? and if so why??

so iam doing some street tuning myself. it's different from my rb20det ecu as that nistune was for that car. now iam running a z32 ecu for vct reasons. seems i can't load a rb25det bin file. so iam running a z32 main and bin file. just manually changing the target afr values to the stock ones.

z32tt base map

loaded stock rb25 ecu values

i think/hopefully iam on the right track!!