Boost Duty Maps and Knock map flags

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

immy21

Boost Duty Maps and Knock map flags

Post by immy21 »

I have checked the updated tuning guide and searched around but could not find out what the new maps do.

High Boost = I assume is the duty cycle for 'normal' running
Knock Boost Duty = I assume is the duty cycle for when knock maps are being accessed.
Boost Duty Speed 1 = ?
Boost Duty Speed 2 = ?

I want to connect an LED to the boost solenoid plug so I know if boost maps are being accessed without my laptop hooked up.

One other non related thing. I see if I press K in the timing map cells (no mention of this in tuning guide) the flags turn on and off. Will this activate and deactivate the stock knock sensing in those particular cells like o2 feedback does for fuel?

My intention is to move it around and cover a larger spread of the map. With my current load scales it misses boost transition, once the LED is hooked up I should be able to compare false knock maps with my KS4 knock sensor when not tuning to better optimise the flags.

EDM s14a manual type 4
louiswun

Re: Boost Duty Maps and Knock map flags

Post by louiswun »

immy21 wrote:
I want to connect an LED to the boost solenoid plug so I know if boost maps are being accessed without my laptop hooked up.

I think you can connect an LED, but it can't tell what boost maps are being accessed, as the boost reach certain boost level, no matter hi boost map or knock boost map, ECU will power up the the boost solenoid by PWM signal, you can only see the LED blinking, but you will never know which map it acess.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It should be noted HIGH_BOOST, REG_BOOST and SPEED1 boost maps have completely different maps between MT/AT models.

Now some extra conditions of interest are If Neutral switch active then ECU doesn’t use boost maps at all. If ECU MT flag set then skip the speed checks (so MT S15 does not use SPEED1 or SPEED2 tables)

So the SPEED1/SPEED2 tables should be ignored in the S15 Manual transmission. Only High boost/Reg boost depending if knock flag has been set

Special Conditions are as follows:
Knock flag / Over 105degC use REG_BOOST
Under speed1 (45km/h) use SPEED1 (AT only) Under speed2 (0km/h) use SPEED2 (AT only) Otherwise all good to use HIGH_BOOST
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

One other non related thing. I see if I press K in the timing map cells (no mention of this in tuning guide) the flags turn on and off. Will this activate and deactivate the stock knock sensing in those particular cells like o2 feedback does for fuel?
K for timing cells is in the software manual (not tuning guide) or F1 help to turn on/off knock feedback in the maps.

This will disable knock sensing and map switch for those cases. It will not disable and additional timing retard normally performed by the ECU when knock is detected however