Nistune Release 0.11

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

Re: Nistune Release 0.11

Post by bachig24u »

it's not a bad idea, its just annoying when you actually weren't online to start with.

maybe revise the implementation.

if possible, only make it pop up after an issue where consult disconnected and only after a map change is made and/or if data recorder is open and recording.

not at all times the consult is not connected, ... somehow add a counter in so nis realises that consult disconected by itself then after a change is made it should pop up.
Torque

Post by Torque »

Matt wrote:
Consult gets disconnected when engine is started up (but not LC1s) and you are obliged to exit (kill app in windows) Nistune to get it re-connected.
Yes I have noticed this. The wait for idle routine is still causing some grief and getting stuck in a tight loop. I will make it only loop a certain number of cycles in the meantime and work out why its still not happy afterwards
The issue with the 3-D-Graph is still there (when you enlarge the scale)
Also the font rescaling is not there, is it?
3D graph scaling is same as in 0.10 earlier versions. I copied the original code back for now. Just cant seem to get my head around the math for the resize to get it 'perfect'
Hi,

I meant when you change the scaling (really helpful) the graph tends to go up and out of sight.
Can't you just keep it centred?
Attachments
upandaway.jpg
(70.95 KiB) Downloaded 3950 times
Torque

Input Tracer Scale

Post by Torque »

I just realized that the input tracer is not using the correct load scale when tracing ignition timing.
Attachments
TracerScale.jpg
(111.4 KiB) Downloaded 3949 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No ones fault with the idea, but as Simon suggested the implementation needs improving since currently it is not very nice, and makes the user experience more annoying

I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps the same flash the top panel red for now and continue with the 'NOT UPLOADED' in the status bar for now? Other ideas?

Yes scaling on the grid still needs work to keep it centered. Harder to code than it looks due to the grid being one size and the graph being another size

Input tracer uses load scales from fuel map only. We suggest keeping fuel and ignition tables on same scales when tuning. Doing this will avoid such issues
Torque

Post by Torque »

Matt wrote:
Input tracer uses load scales from fuel map only. We suggest keeping fuel and ignition tables on same scales when tuning. Doing this will avoid such issues
Ohh c'mon Matt
:wink:

Why would you recommend keeping the scales the same?

Using different scales is perfectible valid.
It's a neat feature of the ECU and also Nissan uses it.
(The RB25 map for example (attached))

Can't you just make the user select the scale he wants to use?
Attachments
scaling.jpg
(68.86 KiB) Downloaded 3929 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah I could... chuck it on the list. Dont expect to see it done for a while. You have seen the size of the list right?
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi there!

No,

I am not aware of that list (where to find?), but I hope the scaler issue is in the top 30% then?
:)

I think the trace window is a great tool to visualize data/logs and very useful, so it would be great if you could select both of the scales.
(Isn't it 'just' a pointer you have to change?)

Also could you make the font in the tracer windows a bit larger?
(or is it just me ??)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Attached to the top of this thread. Each request etc gets a priority and gets chucked on the list. I then work on the priority or sometimes lower ones if they are easy to implement just so I can make it smaller
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
I ran 0.11 today. Worked flawlessly on a car that has previously been a car that had alot of type 1 disconnects.

BUT

LM2 USB constantly dropped connnection with error, "no Wideband device" (in WB window).
Drove me mad, couldn't make a data log with WB at all as it would only display WB for minute, if that.
Ran out of time to even try logworks.

attached are the debugs.
Attachments
Logs.rar
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hello,

I used LM2+AuxBox to do quite a bit of logging on the road.
I was logging about 7 channels + the usual Nissan Consult data.
It worked well on a laptop with Windows7/64.
(No disconnects)

It might not be related but do you have the latest Logworks version installed (3.08)?
Also the latest firmware for the LM2 is 1.17 and this version worked smoother compared to before.

Cheers ..

bachig24u wrote:Hi Matt,
I ran 0.11 today. Worked flawlessly on a car that has previously been a car that had alot of type 1 disconnects.

BUT

LM2 USB constantly dropped connnection with error, "no Wideband device" (in WB window).
Drove me mad, couldn't make a data log with WB at all as it would only display WB for minute, if that.
Ran out of time to even try logworks.

attached are the debugs.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Did the ground plane with the laptop help at all?

I've only really added the new FTDI drivers and a check to avoid calls to FTDI functions when the previous call has not returned (to avoid freezing up NT) since the earlier releases

What you describe appears to bean innovate problem, not nistune problem. I've checked MTSmain file changes from 0.10.20 to 0.11 and only minor changes to check WB2=none for chaining were implemented
00:17:21.056 Wideband 1: OnConnectionEventMts: 0
00:17:21.076 Wideband 1: Number of MTS inputs: 5
00:17:50.568 CMTSMain::OnConnectionErrorMts 0

00:23:14.765 Wideband 1: OnConnectionEventMts: -1
00:23:14.805 statusbar: Wideband 1: Connection failed

00:23:47.447 Wideband 1: OnConnectionEventMts: 0
00:23:47.457 Wideband 1: Number of MTS inputs: 5
00:27:43.099 CMTSMain::OnConnectionErrorMts 0

00:28:26.195 Wideband 1: OnConnectionEventMts: -1

00:30:21.570 Wideband 1: OnConnectionEventMts: 0
00:30:21.580 Wideband 1: Number of MTS inputs: 5
00:31:24.400 CMTSMain::OnConnectionErrorMts 0

00:49:57.673 Wideband 1: OnConnectionEventMts: -1
00:58:55.266 Wideband 1: OnConnectionEventMts: -1
These problems show what you describe, the MTS DLL is reporting connection error to Nistune. It then on attempting connection to port 0 (USB port) returns -1 meaning it failed.

Something is getting hosed with your LM-2 and hanging up its USB port to Nistune. It would probably be the same issue when running with Logworks.

You can try upgrading if not done already the Logworks to 3.08 and LM-2 firmware like Andrew has suggested. I'm still running old versions (to repeat issues) here at the moment
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

The LM2 is running v115 currently.
I just checked the release notes again and they still don't cover the v117.
No reason to upgrade as yet, v115 is stable and has been since its release.
If innovate screwed up the release notes date order than the only benefit is "display drivers".

As for the ground plane, I haven't had time for experiments this week, hopefully soon Matt.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Note - Windows Firewall can block 'Innovate MTS' from being available in Nistune. I've been getting this tonight on Win7 Pro when doing various builds and saying that Innovate OCX is not registered (and windows firewall messages sometimes)

If after reinstalling logworks still not showing then enable Nistune through the firewall (or disable the firewall on private network to see that this is the issue temporarily)
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Actually you may be on the money.

I may have had a firewall message come up after upgrading to .11 and blocked/cancelled it.

could not think why the app would need to get out.

I just deleted the LM & Nistune entries in the firewall. When the message pops up, I'll allow them their respective freedoms.

Windows event - application log errors aren't being logged for these connectivity issues.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Windows event - application log errors aren't being logged for these connectivity issues.
Is there a crash as a result of failed connection or other issue?

Working better crash log reporting today using the newer CrashRpt 1.3 version which only runs under VS2010. Code has been added and building, just need to customise the report boxes and will roll out an update with this in once I've tested it