EGT display/logging for TE WBo2

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

ByReaL

EGT display/logging for TE WBo2

Post by ByReaL »

TW WBo2 2A0

has 3 analog to digital input lines
this are represented in NIStune by aux 1, 2, 3

a rpm input (witch may be added in NIStune but sice the rpm can be read from ecu this is not to important)

and 3 EGT inputs, (i use only one, but there may be other TE WBo2 units that suports more and some tuners use one egt probe for each cilinder in order to fine tune the car)

so EGT suport will be nice to be present
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

working out RPMs requires taking amount of cylinders from address files and performing wideband unit specific calculations. it is difficult to bench test this so is low priority at this stage (but i would like to eventually add it)

is it possible to put the EGT sensor on one of the auxillary inputs?

the reason why is i wished to limit the amount of inputs currently because of the complexity of supporting different types of wideband units

there are three CSV files (one for each aux input) which map 0 - 5 volts against output numbers you specify for that sensor. These are interpolated and can be used for and type of input.
ByReaL

Post by ByReaL »

No it is not posible,

3 chanels (aux1,2,3) have a direct AD covertor that is in 0-5v range

for egt there is an amplificator , because the EGT works only from 0 to 60mV (you can bypass the amplif and convert the egt chanels to normal AD chanels, but the revers si not posible.)

0mV = 0' C
....... is not a linear function there are a lot of values here (added a file with them)
54.82mV = 1370' C

go to http://www.wbo2.com/2a0/default.htm "Thermocouple Inputs" for more details
Attachments
ktypethermo.txt
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay i have a thermocouple which i can use to test with the techedge here

its not going to happen right away though because i'm still sorting out some issues with Type3/4 boards currently... but it will happen
ByReaL

Post by ByReaL »

Here is the config file for NIStune, if you want you can add it to your software so other that have TechEdge logging unit and a EGT probe can take benefit of it.

Warning:
there is a 13'C decalation betwen the temp displayed in TEWBLOG and in NIStune (using thta config file) , but for me it seamed that it is writen as it should be so i do not know were that decalatin came from.
Attachments
TechEdge_EGT.csv
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
* Got CA18DET Love