autotune not detecting decel fuel cut, 0's out fuel cells??

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

tastyratz

autotune not detecting decel fuel cut, 0's out fuel cells??

Post by tastyratz »

I thought I would give autotune a try last night with a laptop hooked up just street driving.
Does autotune have a minimum tps voltage we can set somewhere to kick in, or does it sense decel fuel conditions? I was maintaining a speed with on and off throttle but after a few minutes the car ran terribly and I looked down to find about a dozen cells set to 0 or close to it.

Is this normal autotune behavior? I can't set cell values to under 14.7, why can autotune?
tastyratz

Re: autotune not detecting decel fuel cut, 0's out fuel cells??

Post by tastyratz »

anything on this? ideas? anyone else see this behavior?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not currently, so will need to implement the TPS/speed items like with the AFR trace window. I've put it on the list. Its an easy one to do so should be able to get it done in the next few weeks. I'm on coding duties again!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay these have been implemented. I've tested on the bench but need to do a proper run in the vehicle as part of testing for the next beta release
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Proper run in vehicle completed. There were a few changes made and now in the 0.10.14 version avaialble now

It was showing leaner continously and when the AFRs matched there was no indication. I've fixed that now and you get an orange 'matched' field

It was going from 'fuel with O2 flag' to 'fuel with no O2 flag' once it went from 128 value in fuel map to 127 and lower. I've limited changes to 0-127 (no o2 flag) and 128-255 (o2 flag) when going richer or leaner

Number of samples for wideband is 5 and these are averaged. These were not sampling fast enough so I've moved the sampling code and samples are better now. The wideband sample gets displayed on the auto AFR tune window as well as current average cell values which are being targeted

Overall after the changes it targets where you need to go over the cells that you hit. I've added in speed trigger functionality as well as TPS cut off (if there is no TPS variable input, just the switched is used instead) and RPM cut off. This avoids adjustment during periods of deceleration of just sitting at idle