knock monitoring

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

ar99kid

knock monitoring

Post by ar99kid »

hey matt

i am not sure it is a bug...but on 0.10.12 it doesn't appear to log knock counting anymore? and no display of it when playback the log file?

rb25det engine with z32 ecu , adr file i am using is z32 256 for rb25 . with older version of the nistune i could see the knock counting. i want this feature because i want to find a way to trigger the ecu to work on knock maps activated by a switch or somehow...

thanks
TM_S13

Re: knock monitoring

Post by TM_S13 »

have you checked/selected the consult registers again?
try and do that, it might work
ar99kid

Post by ar99kid »

yes , already done that , but no luck ! there is no knock counter to check in registers and everything related to ignition is checked...

thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Knock counting isnt available for the Z32 ECU (yet) so I've disabled the gauges in all ECUs where it is not supported (ie it never counted on this ECU previously even though there was a gauge)
ar99kid

Post by ar99kid »

ok , i understand . that's why in older version i could see it even if it was not functional . i didn't trust in nissan knocking and made up ear cans and i could listen very well to the engine noise . when i have worked on the mapping i heard the pinging of the engine in different situations and the ecu didn't trigger anything...so i guess this

thanks matt !