Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by Matt »

Nistune 0.10 Release
http://www.nistune.com/support-downloads.php

Release notes:
Note that user files are now located under My Documents folder
Latest FTDI Drivers 2.08.12 for Type 1/PLMS USB consult cables containing blue screen/freeze fixes
Latest MFC Grid View controls added
Combined sensor class rewrite and retesting of wideband sensors
Various software crash fixes under Windows 7/Vista
User path updates to support Windows 7/Vista security changes

Comments
Okay there are a lot of fixes in this one. Some of the underlying code (which I started writing back in 2003 when there was only consult in the application) has been cut out and rewritten into classes so assist with breaking down sensor groups to assist with future updates.

Many bug fixes in regards to crashing have been replicated in my cars and on the bench under XP (32 bit), Vista (32 bit) and Win 7 (64 bit). One of the main things with the later two is increased security permissions causing headaches for peoples files 'going missing' so those folders are now changes to My Documents\USER\Nistune.

Your wideband files, log files, address files and ROM pack are now moved to here even if you are running Win XP

Running Vista found new bugs in my code which XP did not repeat so a few issues like crash on grid open etc have been fixed as well as problematic things like crash on consult disconnect have been identified and fixed under Win 7

Innovate is now available for the RHS sensor, so this means you can run you boost sensor using a DLP and then log AFR as well with the Innovate. Sensor updates changes have implemented a new scheduler for screen updates. It means are now only refreshing the screen at a specified rate (not every time sensor data comes in from consult/wideband). This stops fast sensors like DLP freezing up the software.

Noted issues still
- Named AUX sensors in the CSV files are not being displayed. This is a new problem but I'll get that fixed this week, just needed to get this release out before tacking any more stuff since its taken longer than expected to get this working
- Log player navigation still needs some improving. I will work on this one shortly

For those wanting to know what I have left. Attached is my remaining work... yes quite a bit still. I'm expecting even though this one has been tested quite a bit there will be some minor issues. Please let me know asap and I'll put that into the next release this week
Attachments
nistune_buglist_23May.xls
Remaining bugs/enhancements
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
sssbassil

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by sssbassil »

i tryed it out and it will not move the files over, so it has no address files or rompack, had to go to work so didnt get time to have good look at it to see why
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Need more info...

Which Operating System?
Are the folders still in C:\Program Files\Nistune?
Were there any errors during the install process when copying
Address files should have been created in new folder not moved
sssbassil

Post by sssbassil »

xp

yes, files still in d;\drive for(where i put them when i first ever install)

yes, errors in install process it says rompack move failed in one box, and log move failed in one box

and where wood the address files be copyed to?

when i opened nistune up it says address file cannot be opened
s13_sr20det_256_E.adr

in nistune when u go up the top to file and drop down to open address file there is no address files in the box to open so i when browse and when to the open look in and found my address file that i use.

when for i wee drive and done a log and it when fine BUT its still crashing with map highlighting on, it gose all lit up red then it crashs

so it gose just have to go and look to find the address files
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Map highlighting still crashing :( Have to keep on looking for the cause...

Okay the different drive may be causing the issues. I hadnt tried that corner case

You can adjust the Address File folder in File-Config and point to your old one for now or move the address files manually for now

Will do another update soon
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

Windows XP SP3 on Asus eeeepc 1002ha.

N14 SR20DE 68Cxx address file opened, opened a BIN off my desktop.

Looking through the maps and generally poking around (to find the low voltage AFM setting) and as soon as i click on "Rev Limit 1" nistune crashes, every time.

I haven't got it hooked up to USB consult at all yet, i just have the laptop on my bench connected to a/c power.

I also had rom pack failed to copy error (but it did copy) and i had log files failed to copy (and they did fail to copy).

3 prompts for driver installation to "continue anyway" the first time that nistune started up after installation.

Installation was into standard directories. Anymore info you need please let me know.

Can i install the previous version back onto the system? or will it have a fit if i do that ?
Attachments
nistune-0523-2000.log
Log of crash
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Last edited by CoZZm0 on Mon May 23, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

Yup... another small crash here...
installed, ok'ish, changed the folders etc it was fine...
then I was comparing two files I did and when I open the "warmup timing temp max", wich is highlighted it crashes...
meaning it must crash on the "lower tables" part where the rev and speed limits are.
I also noted that the temperature scales are diferent from the previous versions on the enrichment tables...

S13 CA18DET, Win XP SP3

I still haven't connected to the car yet.
The highlighting color is nice since it's more visible though :)

edit: I just did a debug logging. going to try and load it here.
Attachments
nistune-0523-1057.log
Debug logging file.
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

CoZZm0 - you can put the older one back on, just move the folders back. Cant repeat your crash :(

Are you able to do the following:
Start - Run - regedit
Browse to My Computer\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NIStune Developments

Right click and EXPORT to a reg file then email me that file? I can import that and see if the registry has a setting causing the crash. Tried the same address and ROM file here on XP SP3
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay got the failure to happen on the other machine here. Found and fixed ... will be doing another version tonight
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Version 0.10.1 is now up with crash fix and table scaling fix
Also added in better detection for 'Program Files' for the address file location to replace it with My Documents folder

Still to look into map highlighting crash. Haven't seen that on any of my three systems yet :(
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Matt wrote:Version 0.10.1 is now up with crash fix and table scaling fix
Also added in better detection for 'Program Files' for the address file location to replace it with My Documents folder

Still to look into map highlighting crash. Haven't seen that on any of my three systems yet :(
All this is scaring me :( :(
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

just tested the new release.

when opening diferent bin files, with diferent tunes (diferent maf, for example), for the same model, when doing the compare the VQ map table graph gets all spiky... like a rollercoaster... the main one stays ok, the one it's being compared is all over the place.
when opening a single file it shows ok, with no problems whatsoever.

even when opening bin files with the same maf, doing the compare, when opening the maf translation graph it's all over the place, though it's not highlighted since it's the same...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Comparison code got updated in the graphs. Saw that with the vqmap last night. Just a display issue grabbing wrong memory address. Fix that one tonight
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

All this is scaring me
Because of the nature of software there are many different settings which can have unwanted outcomes at times. Crashing can occur because of something fairly simple like a routine:

x = y / NumCylinders

If NumCylinders is not defined (ie address not opened) the above routine will cause the application to crash (which was a case I found in the last release when connecting to wideband without an address file open) when RPM was calculated from raw figures passed from a wideband unit. Nistune is not complex software but has a lot of parameters. It makes testing quite difficult when one particular one is being troublesome
Map highlighting still crashing Have to keep on looking for the cause
Been thinking about this one. There was an issue with threads directly updating the grid cells which was causing issues. I fixed this by only allowing cell updates through windows events. However since the map highlighting is only causing issues on certain configurations I'm now putting it down to the consult registers being selected

Map highlighting uses a combination of sensors (speed, rpm, tp, tps etc) to determine which maps the ECU is using. Thinking about this last night I suspect that one of these is not being selected and we could be potentially getting a divide by 0 problem here causing the crash but only on certain setups. This would be why I didnt notice in my testing as I had the majority of sensors enabled so I could test all the logging/replay parameters.

This procedure gives me the exact settings which you are running with so I can repeat the problem:
Start - Run - regedit
Browse to My Computer\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NIStune Developments
Right click and EXPORT to a reg file
Also the OS differences such as Vista returning 0xcccccccc instead of 0 when reading a registry key which doesnt exist (causing crash on map open) indicates that things happen differently between different OS which I've now addressed by running on three different machines

Anyway I should be able to get the remaining fixes in tonight
maglito

Post by maglito »

Daisy chained innovate widebands don't read correctly. The first wideband reads correctly, but the second one reads 8 all the time?