Androiders look here (Awesome engine display!!)

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Ross_Mac

Androiders look here (Awesome engine display!!)

Post by Ross_Mac »

Found this for android, Looks fantastic but unfortunatly the Type 1 ECU wont work as its got no OBD2 port :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZyxrS_ixY

Is this something that nistune is capable of supporting?

Ive opened up a thread on the Torque BHP Forum, hoping to get the developers onboard and get Nistune supported!
I would definatly buy the full version if it supported Nistune and im sure a fair few others would :D

http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumac ... ic&t=446.0

The Megasquirt team developed something simular for their ecus which uses a bluetooth dongle to be plugged in which displays simular parameters.

So what do we think guys, is this something that fello Nistuners would be intrested in?
Attachments
148646_10150094936358223_500283222_7039876_6428613_n.jpg
(72.35 KiB) Downloaded 3051 times
datsunboy

Re: Androiders look here (Awesome engine display!!)

Post by datsunboy »

very cool.
would be even cooler to have a nistune app that worked wirelessly, so you could even shut down your engine remotely if you seen someone try steal your car lol
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Wont be able to do this with Type 1. It is a USB device so you would need to be a USB host (same as PC) to interface with the FTDI chip

Later consult ECUs using serial may work if the Android device has serial connectivity. Would need more specifics on the android interface
fejjan

Post by fejjan »

Cool! Would love that :)
enohand

Post by enohand »

Matt wrote:Wont be able to do this with Type 1. It is a USB device so you would need to be a USB host (same as PC) to interface with the FTDI chip

Later consult ECUs using serial may work if the Android device has serial connectivity. Would need more specifics on the android interface
all those android apps like that use bluetooth,

i have the touqre app, but dont have a obd2 bluetooth dongle.....

these apps work off of OBD2, & not the consult port. so i dont thnk it will work with nistune,....unless the nistune ECU can start pumping data through the OBD2 connector (

(i have a 1996 infiniti g20 USA) & my ECU is a consult, & obd2 ecu (uses the older 16bit obd2 i belive)