MAF compatibility question: HPX 05+ MAF (for Ford Mustang)

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

Re: MAF compatibility question: HPX 05+ MAF (for Ford Mustang)

Post by bachig24u »

Matt, did the modified bin i sent through get your R31 running?
guricha

Post by guricha »

Matt wrote:Sounds like it. If its runs better with the default map with your resized cobra, might be a better starting point. I'm in the middle of trying to calibrate my HPX and that is nowhere near the spreadsheet values resized for Nissan 64 point :?
Matt, yesterday i try it with original pipe, put it back in housing which is in standard and install it as usual maf in front of turbo housing, effect is the same, i used both of VQ map for ford cobra and for ford lighting, same on both, car is runing too rich

here is how i done and please correct if I am wrong,
1 step: I load standard map
2 step: Idling map i change to 14.7:1
3 step: changing MAF with lighting and ticking to halve value and adjusting TP load
4 step: writing to the ecu and after this starting car

result is car is starting sometimes or not starting unless i dont push acceleration, and it works to rich, what else i need to do ? adjusting injector multiplier unless i dont get 14.7 afr right?
K constant was on stock was 233 and after changing it get up to 466, so what i need to do with it increase or decrease ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No I couldnt get it working with that one (still required modification) and havent had a free block of time during the day (geez my car is loud) to get it all readjusted
and it works to rich, what else i need to do ? adjusting injector multiplier unless i dont get 14.7 afr right
the calibration curve should be fine but the injection mulitplier will need tweaking until it runs right. We dont have the exact HP figures to get the injection multiplier spot on. Perhaps once you have finished, give us the before/after K values so I can update the VQ HP definitions. If I got the K adjustments from people I can fine tune the existing values to get them more spot on
guricha

Post by guricha »

Matt wrote:
No I couldnt get it working with that one (still required modification) and havent had a free block of time during the day (geez my car is loud) to get it all readjusted
and it works to rich, what else i need to do ? adjusting injector multiplier unless i dont get 14.7 afr right
the calibration curve should be fine but the injection mulitplier will need tweaking until it runs right. We dont have the exact HP figures to get the injection multiplier spot on. Perhaps once you have finished, give us the before/after K values so I can update the VQ HP definitions. If I got the K adjustments from people I can fine tune the existing values to get them more spot on
So Matt i have done everything right?
yesterday i spend few hours again with the car, mostly i problem was too rich fuel and sparks was getting wet, what i figure out is that voltage is high comparing with single Z32 where it is on idling 1.25 V and with ford it is more then 2V and car is working better with low Constance around from 220 till 270 but still idling is shit, note that i didnot change pipe size this time and have used lighting standard pipe which is selling usually its 100mm diameter and was installed in front of turbo . . .
procedure was the same
i load standard map for BNR, change MAF to lighting also ticking halve values and tp load and then try with Constance, so its working better with almost standard value on high value where it gets 466 its too reach and doesn't works at all
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

guricha I had the a problem with my Lightning maf setup. When I tried to start the car it wouldn't start and just run pig rich fouling up the plugs. I double check the injector latency and that was right. I then started to play with the K value and got it going. I didn't half the values on mine or the TP tho from the maf selection. Make sure the Kcontant window it ticked on auto so you can make big changes faster.
guricha

Post by guricha »

BlueRB240 wrote:guricha I had the a problem with my Lightning maf setup. When I tried to start the car it wouldn't start and just run pig rich fouling up the plugs. I double check the injector latency and that was right. I then started to play with the K value and got it going. I didn't half the values on mine or the TP tho from the maf selection. Make sure the Kcontant window it ticked on auto so you can make big changes faster.
Can you check what constant you have at the moment? I Just came back from Garage, what i have realized that car is running much better when maf isnot changed at all, after changing vq map with halve value and tp load car is ok at from 200 to 220 K, that is almost the same that standard K values are used, car is working nice but problem is at the idling cant maintain RPM and AFR is reach also which is causing switching of the engine

so what you have done you just change VQ map and didnot halve value or adjust TP load and just change K Constance ? am i right ? what size of piping you have ? or you install Maf in front of turbo with standard pipe?
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

My maf is in a 2.75" pipe set up to blow through.

My Kvalue is at 93. I'm running SARD 800cc low impedance injectors along with the lightning maf.
guricha

Post by guricha »

BlueRB240 wrote:My maf is in a 2.75" pipe set up to blow through.

My Kvalue is at 93. I'm running SARD 800cc low impedance injectors along with the lightning maf.
will try tomorrow :) so you only change Maf from standard to ford lighting 700HP and didn't tick halve values and TP load right?
thanks in advanced mate hope i can fix this also
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

remember you only halve the values on the R32 GTR ECU... because it has two MAF sensors and adds them together
guricha

Post by guricha »

Matt wrote:remember you only halve the values on the R32 GTR ECU... because it has two MAF sensors and adds them together
Matt i though that BlueRB240 swap RB26 also, sorry for my mistake:) Matt what i have realized also car was also idling normal at 200K value before water get to 70 and i test acceleration, i mean idling was ok, after acceleration on worm engine high RPM s was ok but idling was really bad

will try today also hope to get better results
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

My fault I thought u had a RB20/25 :( sorry thought I was helping.
guricha

Post by guricha »

BlueRB240 wrote:My fault I thought u had a RB20/25 :( sorry thought I was helping.
Thanks mate for your helping!!!, I got Close, Constant value from 85 till 95 is close to good idling, I couldn't imagine that value could be so low so i didnot go low then 200 before, constant at 90 is close to 14.7 afr its jumping from 13.9 to 15 but car is idling ok, didn't check to rew engine yet, (its late and neighbors will kill me soon for my cars exhaust sound :) )
so i got today close tomorrow i will try to put AFM in 3 inch pipe and calibrate it again
thanks mate again!
Last edited by guricha on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Ohhh ok sweet getting way closer now.
guricha

Post by guricha »

Car Is done i drive today for the same tune and its ok:)) working perfect and idling also, BTW idling is much better with inserted MAF in pipe
thanks guys for helping
Did't tick TP load i just halve the values Constance is set at 153 and AFR is much better then with Z32 :)
gsracer

Post by gsracer »

did anyone ever get to scale the maf for a 3.5 tube?