Nistune for the SR20s. What's involved?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Stinky
Site Admin

Nistune for the SR20s. What's involved?

Post by Stinky »

Matt,
We're looking into what's involved in tuning the various sr20 ecus that are out there. Are all the sr20 ecus a simple rom chip replacement or are they more complicated like the ka24de that requires the biki type daughter board? What are the current options as far as using the romulator/nvram with nistune? Consult supported from the factory?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

currently as it stands we have 2 built up SR20 boards with a third being built tonight and a fourth PCB to be built next week

these are a multi board type which support S13,S14,S14 SR20, late Z32 and KA24DE ECUs. the same types of ECU that bikirom supports. but these are NVRAM like with the Z31 you have been using

currently the first board has been tested on S13 during several tuning sessions by PL and driven 600kms last weekend and undergone some durability tests. PL is quite happy with it

when i have S14 and S15 tested successfully on the bench (maybe S14 tonight?) we will get some more PCBs made and will require testers to use NIStune with these boards. should be within the next month...
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

So the sr20s require a special bored to do anything?

Let me know when something is ready. We have access to a ka24de that we can use to test and we are also interested in getting into tuning the sr20s. I'll get the boss to fork over some money for a board or two.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

SR20 require header pins or special cables connected to an external daughterboard. these are quite different to other nissan ecus as they use a Mitsubishi 77xx chip rather than Hitachi 6802/6303

yep once the boards are ready i'll post more here. i've got some firmware updates still to do and several more ecus to get working. having some troubles programming the S14 currently