RB20DET 2.2L Dyno Results!!

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

klys

RB20DET 2.2L Dyno Results!!

Post by klys »

Well first off: Thanks to nistune we managed to do a proper dyno tune pretty easily!
here is the result:

we managed to sort out a timing issue that brougth torque down by 60lbs at 4000-4500 which empeded the rest of the HPs. the curve then resumed were it should when timing was re-advanced

the main problem was with the raw timing values.

timing in the main map and knock was the same at 21 deg.

but when looking at the datalog, timing was set at 7deg for 1000 rpm (during peak torque)

I'm guessing the knock sensor was thinking it was hearing knock?
ow
so after looking everywhere for that damn missing 13-14 degs, we were going to abandon the search when I tried something.

Instead of working with filtered value I decided to have a look at the raw values!!!! BEHOLD the exact cells being accessed during the ignition retard were cells with the 150 154!!!

we changed those damn cells to the correct values and BAM ~60lbs more for 1000RPM :D

Now please tell me what exactly happens when these cells are being accessed? as both standard and knock timing maps were the same
Last edited by klys on Mon May 24, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TM_S13

Re: Dyno Results!!

Post by TM_S13 »

those seem like nice results.
though I think it may benefit of a bit more fuel, wich in turn will keep things safer, or will let you add a bit more timing in the map so it gains more torque/power...
but if it is safe the way it is, seems quite nice.
how's driveability ?
klys

Post by klys »

It quite alright. Let's say compared to my gf's EJ20 WRX, my car as alot less lag.

compared to my dad's gts-t he has a bit less lag than me.(stock GTS-T with EBC and 440 Injectors)

BTW here are the specs for the build

My car is as follows:
R32 GTS-T
Tomei 2.2L stroker
Z32 MAF
rebuilt HKS GT-2535 with ported WG hole
GTR FMIC
Trust recirculating BOV
440 GTR Injectors
ORC 709 Twinplate clutch
Apexi AVC-R Boost controler
Last edited by klys on Mon May 24, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

I just looked at the boost graph now...
I think you can get the turbo to spool a bit faster... the turbo ain't that big, plus the engine is 6 cylinder and with the stroker became 2.2 L ...
what do you have to control boost ? if it's an EBC perhaps a little tweak with that might bring the boost a bit sooner :wink: ...

anyway, as I previously said, the results seem pretty nice 8) and if it's safe like that it's nicer :)
klys

Post by klys »

Well I forgot to mention it but it's an AVC-R!

I'm wondering if by enriching a bit around the 2500-3000rpm/ retarding 2-4 deg if I could spool a bit faster?

I discussed it with the tuner and he told me: what counts is torque and I agree.

I just didn't have enough time on the dyno to work out the lower end :S

I was wondering what I could do to keep torque high up to 7000 as it seems to drop after 6000 rpm. with the current results inj. reached 76%

advance timing at 6000 a few degs since flame speed becomes a factor? timing is set at around 21 degs
maybe I've reached the max air flow from my turbo?
TM_S13

Re: RB20DET 2.2L Dyno Results!!

Post by TM_S13 »

but from what I gathered in the interwebz a bit more and the turbo might be at it's max...

I also like torque better than power, specially if the torque builds up good to give a good driveability :) (wich is kind of obvious lololol )
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Nice results! the 2.2 is just bore increase right?
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

if it has a Tomei stroker kit I believe it has a diferent crankshaft, conrods and pistons.
with just a bore increase it wouldn't be possible to stroke up to 2.2 I think.
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

I know how to do the 2.3 and 2.4 they both use different cranks and bigger bore.