Problems when Installing the Nistune

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Dino

Problems when Installing the Nistune

Post by Dino »

Hi There,

when installing the nistune-board and the pocket romulator in my ECU following the manual i had problems with space. The nistune-board allone will fit between the motherboard and the ´knocking-sensor board´ . But when plugging the pocket-romulator on the Nistune board the whole package is too high so that i can´t mount the knocking-sensor board at its origin place any more. So i have the knocking sonsor board outside of the ecu at the moment. But this is not a very good solution.

How did you solve that?

Dino
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

I did two things to help with the space. First, you can locate the components on the det board that hit the romulator and relocate them to the opposite side of the det board. Second, if you are up to it, you can put a new ribbon cable on the romulator so you dont need to bring the cable back up over the socket. Instead its just comes out near the edge of the ecu.
Dino

Post by Dino »

good advice, thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

also make sure that the romulator does not have a 28 pin machine drilled connector on it, in order to reduce the overall height

stinky has emailed me some photos of this install, I will update the documentation to include this

with the USB connector board, if this is a problem installing PCB topside, then put the USB board underneath the bracket (so the board faces up)

I have done this with a HR31 ECU which has a knock sensor daugtherboard, and the USB connector fits well. Will put some pics of this in the install document also.

Also HR31 RB20/S13 CA18 ecus have a smaller diagnostic pot bracket, you will need longer screws to hold the USB connector