Anybody using siemens injectors?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Legionnaire

Anybody using siemens injectors?

Post by Legionnaire »

Hi guys!

Is anybody using top feed siemens deka IV injectors in their car?

If so, how do you rate them? Are they easily tunable for (if at all)? How is AFR stability? Idle quality (please post your cylinder volume here)? Fuel consumption?

I'm thinking of bying a set of injectors for RB25 neo, and siemenses look adequate flow wise, but their other characteristics are unconfirmed.

Thinking of wide-cone spray 60lb ones, whatever cc/min it is :D
Cheers,
Petros Katunian
dynotuner

Post by dynotuner »

I have used siemens before, they are fine. Make sure ya get latency info for them.

I just installed some Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors into a 350Z. First time I've used them. Very impressed with the low speed drivability. I can get the engine to idle at 700rpms and almost perfectly. And they come with latency info at 10v to 16v and per fuel pressure.

Not terribly expensive either. http://www.injectordynamics.com
Legionnaire

true

Post by Legionnaire »

Thanks for info, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Bought siemenses for a friend here, going to install them as soon as they arrive. Will check their latencies and actual flow variations on a rig prior to installation, thank you for advice. From Saab guys i learned that siemenses really like to be oriented correctly in a fuel rail, I mean when they can really improve fuel delivery characteristics if rotated.

Top feeds are really affordable these days, isn't it great? What is also great is the fact that if needed, identical to Injector Dynamics bosch EV14 style injectors can be ordered directly from Bosch Motorsport with whatever spray pattern/cone shape/spray angle you like. The price is going to be a bit steeper than 115USD/injector, as they set their prices in Euros, but if you really want injectors to perform similar to factory ones in fuel consumption department, there is not a huge difference in prices.
I was going to get 1000cc for myself, but idle quality with injectors this big was concerning me. With VQ35, you have 584cc cylinder there to feed and to care about keeping it at 700rpm idle, while I have 416cc cylinder. If they are still controllable down to pulsewidths short enough to keep my engine idling at stoich at adequate engine speed, I'll buy them. BTW I've seen a video where one of their distributors, T1 if i'm not mistaken, installed their 2000cc/min injectors in a B18 honda engine and showed it idling. Now that's some low pulsewidth stability!
Overall, ID injectors shoot down any japan tuner brand injectors out there, both performance wise and price wise.

Regards, Petros.
Cheers,
Petros Katunian