Map updating issue (Z32)

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

OEM_Z

Map updating issue (Z32)

Post by OEM_Z »

This issue is when you select a range of cells in either the fuel or timing maps. When you try to add (+) or subtract (-) it takes about 1 second to update each cell and then it also drops the consult connection. Anyone else having these issues? It has been happening for at least a couple weeks but I figured it would eventually get fixed.
Welcome to My DARKSIDE.....
OEM_Z

So any help on this issue??

Post by OEM_Z »

Why is Nistune having trouble updating in real time? It doesn't even matter if consult is connected or not. Whenever you try to update multiple cells on the map it can take over a minute to update depending on how many cells you try to change.

Im running windows xp.
300ZX - Z32

Matt?
Anyone?
nanook

Post by nanook »

Just tried this (0.9.12b) highlighted nearly all the cells and it worked ok, adjusting quickly.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

what version are you running? are you using an emualtor or Type 2 board?

I've been running with type 2 board 0.9.12b on the bench and my R31 quite often recently with no issues. might be one of the earlier beta versions which had display update issues?
OEM_Z

Strange...

Post by OEM_Z »

I have been running the 0.9.12b and Im sure its the type 2 board. I purchased it early last year.

It seems like the newest nistune updates are having problems updating the maps. I have not tried to roll back to the older nistune versions.

This is a new hp mini with plenty of ram and processing power. I also have not been connecting the wideband so I don't think that is hanging it up. Basically I can fire up the laptop get nistune up and connected, go to a fuel map, select any number of cells and as soon as I hit a (+) or (-) it takes 1 second for each cell to update. It even will say "not responding" at the top of the screen until it finishes updating the map. Eventually it does update the cells but If Im connected to consult it usually drops the connection.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

its the rearrangement of the data passing in consult.

does it happen with only one map open? can you send me a debug log file since I will need to dig into it further