Launch control

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

robertsr20

Re: Launch control

Post by robertsr20 »

Now know who is STU :o
I Actually use my board to tuning after I finish, the customer will install a basic rom board and I have no complaint from anyone.

Respect your work and I'm not trying to demean anyone.

Thanks.
Darksun280

Post by Darksun280 »

skyline_stu wrote:Guys,
You'll find that the code in the 50F05 and 50F00 has a secondary RPM limiter. You can overstep the launch limit without my version of firmware and the engine will run up to its hard cut rpm. (around 7400rpm, or where you've set RPM limit2 to.) My launch control firmware addresses this problem.

There is a soft and hard cut programmed in, you also get the ADR file to enable you to make the changes from within Nistune rather than have to re-burn the image file each time an adjustment needs to be made.

I'm a Nistune distributor/installer/tuner - you can find my information from the workshop page on the Nistune web site.

Stu
I was going to try and send it but at 40 dollars both ways plus the 15+ bucks its a bit much to added on one feature ontop of the $550 I already spent. I'm gonna hold off for now and wait till something stateside is made available
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

My concerning problem with the 'stateside' is that it will end up on a forum/board/torrent as a free program -I didn't spend months re-writting the code to have it end up in everybodies car - it's a bit like Matt giving out Nistune for free !! We've both spent considerable time sorting out the issues to get this operational..

Stu
Darksun280

Post by Darksun280 »

skyline_stu wrote:My concerning problem with the 'stateside' is that it will end up on a forum/board/torrent as a free program -I didn't spend months re-writting the code to have it end up in everybodies car - it's a bit like Matt giving out Nistune for free !! We've both spent considerable time sorting out the issues to get this operational..

Stu
I completely understand.
JM

Post by JM »

Stu how about type-4 P11 3J504 ? You need me to send complete ecu or just the nistune board? thanks
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

if anyone can get it working on a s14a ecu then i'd be very interested :mrgreen:
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

JM wrote:Stu how about type-4 P11 3J504 ? You need me to send complete ecu or just the nistune board? thanks
I don't have a type 4 variant developed yet, or even a 3J504 rom (wanna send me a base image??) - to do this requires the car at my workshop for a couple of days - but I might be able to work it out via remote control for my normal costs. The difficulty is that I use RAM for the routines and often this is hard to pick unused locations, on the test bed stuff works but in the car it doesn't...
Fordy wrote:if anyone can get it working on a s14a ecu then i'd be very interested :mrgreen:
If I had acces to a vehicle I'd get it going, what Base Image are you using?

Stu
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

anyone wanna try z32 code? I could sure use it in the next couple of weeks.
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

I've got a routine written for the Z's, did it long ago !!. I need to get my mates the car up the street for a day to refine the secondary limiter...

Stu
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

You have a pm
Mads B (dk)

Re:

Post by Mads B (dk) »

PL wrote:Hey guys,

Is there any reason why this cannot be implemented by just burning 2 images to a 27C256 and then use the highest order address bit to switch between the two images? One of my mates used to do this on his CA18 and it worked a treat. He didn't use it for launch control - just different tunes.

You could even go to a 27C512 for 4 maps. It's just that the switching gets a little trickier.

PL
Were can you buy this ?

is it possible to use/get somekind of dual chipboard and fit nistune into one socket and a normal eeprom(with launch map) in the other and then use a cluths swiths to swith betwen nistune and normal eeprom ?
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

Doesn't quite work like that, Nistune has extra firmware in the NVRAM, loaded from the factory. The chips are surface mounted, EPROM to NisTune NVRAM operates in a diferent fashion. But you can get some larger EPROMS and split them into 1/2, put your saved maps in there and use the highest A line to toggle maps.

Stu
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

Pete has daughter boards that take 4 programs, you can select any one of 4 programs - the catch is there are no real time adjustments..

Just purchase my launch Control Program and your troubles are gone !.

Stu
Mads B (dk)

Post by Mads B (dk) »

skyline_stu wrote:Pete has daughter boards that take 4 programs, you can select any one of 4 programs - the catch is there are no real time adjustments..

Just purchase my launch Control Program and your troubles are gone !.

Stu

im running a ca18det engine and your program i for sr20det?
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

Sorry, my bad.. CA's on my list of things to do.... The daughter boards are for SR's too..
Do you know anyone good with electronics where you are ? Because the multi chip system is easy to do, but you need a bit of understanding on how to do it..

Stu