RB25DET with Z32 ECU Timing is really wierd.

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Peace

Re: RB25DET with Z32 ECU Timing is really wierd.

Post by Peace »

Well
I'm located in kazakhstan.

I will get to dyno later.
As for Z ECU - it is working good on another car with normal maps. I did the mod exacly as in the document and everything fine with this ECU. Gladly i didnt spent money changing thouse parts they are just avalibale for me to check.

As for my knowledge. I know abit about engines, EFIs, and tuning, I'm not really a commercial tuner yet and maybe not going to be because i got enogher buisiness, i'm helping my mates nismo-owners, thoght calling them clients. Maybe my knowledge is weak now, but i'm learning beause there are no ppls with good knowledges here. I've hellped to tune-up Primera P10 with Avenir Sr20DET without maf on nistune runs great now. As far as i know i'm the only one who offer to use nistune here in kazakhstan.

I'm sure the problem is not in nistune and i'm not asking for help with nistune. I faced something really wierd and i'm lacking knowledge on how to diagnose the cause.

I know basics of how to tune, and when car is fine it works great. That Primera runs great, Sunny with SR20DE now runs good on nistune, ECR33 runs much better than stock ECU on 0.9 boost, i've tuned them. Yeah of cause i'm not pro but i know how.

And with my car i dunno whats happening =)

Thx alot for advices and ofcause i understand you cant fix my car via email. But you can advice me where to look and what to check.
Eric

Post by Eric »

if you tried swapping out CAS/AFM, I think the main suspect is the wiring...maybe a bad earth or shield somewhere ?

can you perhaps post a log file of RPM/AFM-VOLT/TIMING ?
maybe that will reveal a problem...
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

Eric,
He posted earlier that the vehicle runs fine with the original ECU. Bit weird I know that swapping the ECU causes the problems... Possibly a short on the rewire causing the TPS to remain on and running in idle/decel timing???

Stu
Peace

Post by Peace »

I will get a logs.

My engine has additional ground to body done by myself.

TPS idle is lighted when throttle is closed.

Today noticed prblems with stock ECU. I gave my nistune to a "client" and has not finished another one yet, now driving on stock ECU... my knock light flashes sometimes near the edges of NVCS engae and disengage. And a strange lean spot at around 1800-3000 RPM. Not much time spending with my car.

Need to do detailed logs of what happening.