Zexel Diesel Enhancements

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

chaz

Zexel Diesel Enhancements

Post by chaz »

Hi Matt,
Nistune is working famously in the ZD30Di Patrol.

One thing that I’ve been meaning to mention is that the DC Flag for the VTC Solenoid must use the same register as our diesel Glow Plug Relay. It comes on when the engine starts cold and goes out after a few minutes. Could it be possible to modify the Zexel Address file to show it as “Glow Plug Relay” instead of VTC Solenoid?

Cheers and all the best,
Chaz
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

noted. will have to modify the software to override the label if possible on the display
chaz

Post by chaz »

Thanks Matt. 0.9.4b looks good and all working well.
Cheers,
Chaz
Chaz
Patrol GUIII 3.0Di
chaz

Zexel ECU

Post by chaz »

Hi Matt, I hope it's all going well.

Version 13.8b is working ok in the Patrol, but I just noticed that your new "Hi Octane" flag lights up when I bring the brake lights on. A handy feature, but would it be possible to label the flag " Brake" or "Brake LIghts", just like you did with the Glow Plug Relay.

Thanks for the ongoing improvements.

All the best,

Charlie
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Those flags were not working like I expected and almost to delete the changes.

According to the documentation I had they were meant to be hioctane but dont appear to work as expected in the ECUs I had

Interesting Zexel picked up as brake lights!
Nuyskov

Re: Zexel Diesel Enhancements

Post by Nuyskov »

Hello, Matt!
Nistune 0.9.14 works great with Nissan Patrol RD28Eti !!!
I have some interest question - I see MAF (LHS) - what is LHS? Is it really my MAF voltage? If it's so, what means "Change Mass AirFlow Meter" in "Operations"?
I ask because in the Electronic Manual for my car the voltage of my MAF is:
Idle 1.6 - 2.0V
2500 RPM 2.1V
4000 RPM 4.0V
And NisTune gives me:
Idle 2.1 - 2.2V
2500 RPM 3.7V
4000 RPM - haven't reached such RPM during my trip.
And I think, is there wrong MAF table or my MAF sensor is broken...
Thank's!

And another question - I can read some of my sensors and flags... I tried to "Consult Download" - there was reading for about 1,5 hours and offer to save my ECU data. Of course, I saved to a file xxx.bin and when I try to open it there is a windows with information that it's ECU synced image and I need also complete ROM image... How can I make complete ROM image or do you have it for my ECU? I've searched through your ROM library and haven't found it... I'd like to see my ECU data and try to improve it. Is it possible for me? Or I can only read my sensors and flags?
Thank's again!

Best regards,
Nuyskov Alexey.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Zexel Diesel Enhancements

Post by Matt »

Hi Nuyskov

Good to hear that consult now initialises with this one thanks to Peter from ECU talk for the hint.

With the MAF best to check against a multimeter probe in your ECU to check it against the consult reported display

LHS = left hand side

You cannot downlaod ECU ROM data via consult for these. Consult can only download upto 64KB but these ECUs use an Infineon processor and about 2 x 1Mbit flash chips. They are too big! You need to remove the chips and read them in a Willem or simlilar programmer. I did it with the Zexel unit I had here but made no sense of it

Some guy in Czech republic actually emailed me and had read out heaps of these, and decoded lots of the maps but not sure what he is doing with them all. You would need to reflash somehow (externally probably) with the changes. A flash board fitting in the 2 PLCC44 sockets would be nice but difficult to design/manufacture