New 555cc inj's new z32 maf = flooding the cylenders

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Caspers_240

New 555cc inj's new z32 maf = flooding the cylenders

Post by Caspers_240 »

kinda out of practise here so be easy on me... I just installed new injectors and a z32 maf. The first time I made the changes, I went from 370cc to 555's, something went wrong b/c the maps were maxed out again. I uninstalled the rom pacs and reinstalled the latest versions.

The problem... Its dumping so much fuel that my plugs are WET and the car will not run.

my injector multiplier is set at 33932 (auto adj by nistune) on a 93 ka24de

please give any advise while i try to figure this on out...

Thanks.
Legionnaire

Re: New 555cc inj's new z32 maf = flooding the cylenders

Post by Legionnaire »

Hi,
I'm not sure if this will be of any use, but here goes:
I opened 54F01_1993_MT_FED, Stock K is 39720.
When I use "Resize injectors" feature, if I click "Factory CC", is fills "275" in the first field, then I put 555 into the lower field, new K is 19681.
Then I use "Change MAF", select Z32 and tick "adjust scalers" box, and press commit changes, new K is calculated at 33932, just as yours.
BUT.
you say that you were going to 555cc's from 370cc's, so if you use 370cc instead of "Factory" in the first step, it gives you new K of 26480, and later, after changing AFM, new K is 45565.
If you use autoadjusting of load scales in both operations, scales remain pretty close to stock (well, near Idle region anyway), so that should not mess up your low-load operation. After that you just fine tune your K against AFR monitor.
The key factor here, as I see it, is to use correct load scales. Let Nistune adjust scales automatically after each changing operation.
Caspers_240

Post by Caspers_240 »

Yep, that's exactly the inj mult I got when I did the adjustments... but for some reason they didn't work right... I just took a "shot in the dark" and moved the multiplier to 7718, and it's idling at 14.6-.8 right now :D .

I know i'll have to fine tune a lot, but at least its running now!

Still don't understand why the inj mult was set at 33932, but it runs on 7718... That's WAY off... what did I do wrong? :?:

btw, Thanks for the help!
Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

Hey, my message was not of any real help then, was it? :D
However I'm glad that you figured out something that actually made your car work. Strange things like this can happen - I have seen a really strange combo here with a RB25 Neo. It had factory AFM, but nismo injectors that flow 480cc as opposed to stockie 360cc, and reprogrammed ECU from japan. I did a consult download, and K was same as factory, regardless of 33% bigger ingectors.
brother_david

Post by brother_david »

Sounds wierd that it worked with bigger injectors but then again, a mate of mine called me yesterday and thought his mate had been ripped since he bought a Supra running stock ECU but w/ SARD 800cc's and had a idle AFR of 14.6 :)
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

there is always a reason.. whats the AFM voltage / engine tem / fuel pressure... I would be getting then flow tested just to make sure your 550's are what they should be.. you dont have a china Z32afm do you...
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

I recently seen a S14 SR20det that has same issue and we diagnose problem that they use old o-rings when they install new injectors ... with new o-rings car is running fine.
andygts

Post by andygts »

skylinegtrhr wrote:I recently seen a S14 SR20det that has same issue and we diagnose problem that they use old o-rings when they install new injectors ... with new o-rings car is running fine.
+1
my injectors were a real pain to seal and I used new seals aswell.