non windows operating systems and mines rom question

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

iansr33

non windows operating systems and mines rom question

Post by iansr33 »

hi there people

looking to go with nistune next year in my currently auto 33 gtst.

does the operating system on the laptop have to be windows based or can i use a apple laptop or one with linux on it?

i currently have access to a mines stage 1 ecu.

can i pull the rom data from this and put it in the 'new' z32 ecu with the nistune board when i go manual?

ian
p.s also which is the best wideband to use with nistune. are plx ones any good?
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

I run a SMAFR with the DLP board to integrate it into nistune.. but I probably should of put the dlp cost with what I paid for the SMAFR and got one that integrates fully with the standard nistune drivers.. however my wideband is permanently installed in the narrow band location using narrow band simulation back to the ECU.. then the 0-5v output is going to the dlp board for nistune.. then again there is more tricks for the DKP as in it has 6 inputs i think so I can run any signal into it and interface it to nistune.. like cooler temp exhaust temp.. blah blah you get the idea..
iansr33

Post by iansr33 »

actually what you just put went straight over my head :(
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune does run under WINE for Linux but you would need to sort out getting the consult port working. Should be just standard serial input if you use a serial cable one. USB would require FTDI linux drivers for Blazt/PLMS newer cables if you used one of those, havent tried it through since I havent run linux in years

Not sure on apple but it may work if you are running some windows emulation? Program is just a basic Visual C++ application

Mines Stage 1 would probably be just minor changes (based on previous tuned images I've seen from these). Yes you can Operations-Consult Download it but check it out using compare first before seriously using it

PLX may need the DLP Design A/D converter if it has a 0-5 volt analog output. This is what chris is talking about
http://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/io8.shtml

We support this one in the software and you can hook just about any wideband unit into it - as long as you have a correlation between voltage and AFRs to display on the screen. It may pay to look through posts in the wideband section to clarify or confuse you further :wink:
iansr33

Post by iansr33 »

that does make it easier to understand matt thanks :)

well my old car with all stage one mods and a 34 gtt turbo is running 330+bhp on the mines ecu and its running fine on the road and dyno, not lean and not too much ignition so i may try to grab the rom file. i have a consult cable thats not usb and a copy of the software you get with the blatz package.

that does make it easier to understand matt thanks :)

plx do a wideband and just a box for not much but i do like the look of there tuner package wideband which would be installed all the time as the aircon control's are getting moved :)

am i right in saying you have an autotune feature now if you hook up a wideband to the laptop?

if i get stuck im sure my mate is joining and getting a board.

plus i know other member from here thats not far from me who used z32/type2 board on his gtst and my mate has also done the efi mapping course and is waiting to do the advance course :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you still need to know what you want to map to with auto tuner .... it will only adjust the maps to match what you have set in the table based on wideband feedback

mines tunes are usually pretty conservative
zmech

Post by zmech »

Hey Matt,
How about IMPUL tunes? Are they conservative also?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

only seen about two but i believe so. I have pulled some out but dont usually have the time / inclination to check them unless required
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

sorry mate..

http://www.plxdevices.com/wideband.html

is the single gauge wideband I use.. leds are great for visibility especially in your periferal vision so you can get an idea out of the corner of your eye whats going on.. those other digital programmable plx ones are not too good with reflection IMO..

there are two outputs that can be used simulated narrow band like the stock sensor and a 0-5v output for actual AFR.. this is what is going in the DLP board.. along with my maps sensor and a few other goodies. maybe even cooler temp and EGT.. makes for easy data grabbing and calibration via the tables in nistune..

otherwise I would go for the innovative.. seems to be the weapon of choice from most tuners.. 5 wire wideband with temp compensation.. that plus directly into the nistune.. but consider the temporary permanent issue mine is permanent as I like to know when I have stuffed up straight away..