LOAD, Value, RPM, mV etc etc

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

UNISA JECS

LOAD, Value, RPM, mV etc etc

Post by UNISA JECS »

Hey Matt I was thinking it would be nice if you could be able to tie in the above titles with other maps and have it automatically adjust like the "ign and fuel rpm scales" do.

Ditto also with the "ign and fuel load scales" = value.

Heres a picture of what im trying to say:

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i think i know what your trying to say... but need the picture to know for sure :wink:
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

DAMN, I thought that picture would say it all...lol

What I mean is when ever a user makes adjustments to lets say RPM, it would be nice for Nistune to be able to makes all sub catagories that include "rpm" match and adjust at the same time and so on and so forth with LOAD, mV, Value etc etc if you catch my drift...

I think IMO it would be nice to tie everything in that you can, helps put it all into prospective so to speak.

Like in the first post the Mixture Coefficent, it would be nice to make that auto adjust to what your actual LOAD scales read in the FUEL and IGNITION maps and so on, there are lots of places this coudl be done.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

It's a great idea.

although some instances you don't need to change the ignition load scale as you maybe happy with the last value in the table being the last value used by ECU.

Maybe a tick box option that is default "off" or no scale/load matching.

eg. i've scaled the fuelrpm and fuelload to 6600rpm and 204 load, but as I'm happy with timing not exceeding the original 120 load and 5600 rpm at 24 degrees. it's not always necessary to change and could add a heap of tuning time needed to get timing right.

I may be wrong by not rescaling ign/timing, but it seems to work as expected.
Sime
http://www.jps.net.au
tuners@jps.net.au
Calibration Engineer
JPS Motorsports & Electronics
supercowboy

Post by supercowboy »

how did you get both fuel and timing maps up at once.
supercowboy

Post by supercowboy »

got it figured it out

config misc settings check box.

never knew that
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

its a dangerous function, because things like dwell time are also RPM based and inadvertant changes could cause damage to coils etc

I am erring on the side of caution with this one and probably wont do it

Over the last week I've started coding highlighting exact tables used at particular times

Some tables are only transitional, and altering their values inadvertantly without properly testing may have confusing/bad results.

Its probably best for the user to have full control of each table with no side effects of other tables affecte