open fuel maps up in larger window

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

4x4le

open fuel maps up in larger window

Post by 4x4le »

For a while now I have been wondering why the option to open the fuel table and timing table in a larger window is not available. I know on most laptops everything displays properly and large enough anyways but I just picked up an acer aspire one for the purposes of tuning and It seems like it will be very great for tuning. The only thing I have seen is that on the fuel table that any of the target afr's that are a 4 digit number (14.70-11.xx) are actually displayed on the map as 14... because of the size restraints of my small screen.
I know that really isnt a nistune problem but it would be great if there was the possibility of enlarging the window because I think everything would display properly then.

I find it odd that it does that actually to be honest though. I would have though that the number would have just been smaller and harder to read as any other program that I have looked at on this new computer has been. So Matt, do you think you could check in to that for me? I know I have heard other tuners thinking about picking up these laptops for tuning, not just nistune people but I kinda think that it will become a new trend soon and many people will end up asking you the same. Hopefully it isnt something that is too hard for you.

Thanks
Brandon Ater
AutoVaughn Performance
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

I know what you mean. I have the same issue.
I have attached a sample picture from a stock S14-SR20DET Fuel Map.
Attachments
FuelMapS14_AF_Ratio.jpg
(99.08 KiB) Downloaded 4455 times
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

yep were in the same boat, and I knew i couldnt possibly be the only nistune user that has one of these mini laptops. Heck there are so many people local to me that use them for other tuning programs and almost every nistune user I know has talked about getting one.

Which one are you using? Is it an acer or another brand?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay what is the DPI setting of your laptop? The font size is too large for the cells with the display settings

Display Properties - Settings - Advanced - General tab

Then Display - DPI Setting. Regular size is 96 DPI. These might have a larger setting (looking from the font at the top of the window is fairly large, this could be the case)

Also check Display Properties - Appearance - Font size. Check this is Normal
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Hmmm, okay... my DPI is at 96 but I have chosen "Extra large Fonts" because my laptop has size of 17" with 1920x1200 pixel.

I try to set the Fonts to "normal" size...

EDIT: Okay if I set the Font size to "normal" all values are shown but all is really tiny. :(
If it is not much work can you set an option for higher DPIs or Fontsizes? (okay, I think this is a very low priority update :D )
Attachments
FuelMapS14_AF_Ratio_normalFontSize.jpg
(108.65 KiB) Downloaded 4410 times
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

thanks matt, yep all I had to do is change the font size back down to normal. BUT...... can we still have the fuel and timing map be able to open up larger in the future if you have time? Thanks.
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

I can deal with it, even with my tiny monitor if I have to. I knew they were gong to be small when I purchased this laptop. I have something like a 8.5 inch screen. I puropsly wanted a small laptop though for tuning. Its actually really nice and fast and im not going to be on it much getting it filled with other crap becuase I have a normal sized laptop and a desktop. However ever since I have been using nistune I have wished there was a way for me to make the fuel map full sized or have larger fonts.

google a acer aspire one and youll see how freaken small my laptop is lol. Its not nistunes fault that I got a small one though.....
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

it would be a case of adjusting the font sizes inside the grid for the larger font... i can add this on the list as an update

in the interim solution, what about decreasing your screen resolution? this has the same effect as making everything larger on your screen without adjusting DPI
el @

Post by el @ »

Hi, I have the same issue on a 1400x1050 14.1" display, please add this to the list of enhancements, changing resolution on LCD display is a kludge as you also loose sharpness, LCDs are really made tobe usedonly at native resolution.

There is a bunch of windows that appears of the wrong size and can't be resized.
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

truth :!:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've increased the priority of this one. I'll have to separate the tickboxes from the main grid and then make the font resizable. Its the best way to achieve this. Then make the gridboxes dockable like the recent changes to the log player (which is now resizable and works well)

Wont be so complicated as previously thought then... just need to work out how to determine current DPI/font size from windows