Quickie: What .adr file to use in R33 RB25DET w. Z32 ECU?

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

brother_david

Quickie: What .adr file to use in R33 RB25DET w. Z32 ECU?

Post by brother_david »

Hey everyone!

After more then a year of having my Nistune laying around, soldered and ready to go, i've actually put it in!

Started it up yesterday and after some adjusting here and there its driveable, although its a bit lean on lows and a bit stoich on highs :)

Anyways, now for the question:

Since im using a Z32 ECU, with the type 2 board im using the vg30dett adress file and then loaded a ECR33 bin file.

Should i use the ECR33 adress file? When i recieved my board the ECR33 adress file didnt exist.

Cheers!
David
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

email me and I'll sent you a pretransplanted BIN file to get started with Z32 and R33 maps

You need to use the Z32 address file still since you are using a Z32 ECU/ROM image... just the maps will be R33

To do the transplant I load the ECR33 address file/ROM and then copy the maps into a separate nistune with Z32 address file/ROM
brother_david

fsghsfhdagdfgdf

Post by brother_david »

Consider it done, well it is actually done, emailed you a minute ago :)

I might as well post my email here too!

david.fryklind@gmail.com

Cheers!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

done!
brother_david

hjgdsfhgsdfgksdkf

Post by brother_david »

Thanks alot Matt :) I had a prob. at first, Nistune (0.9.5.1) stated that the bin you've sent me was a synchrinzed one and that i had to merge it with another bin file, first i didnt but it didnt have any timing settings. Then i merged it with the ECR33 R520 bin-file and it started up good :)
Was this the right procidure?
brother_david

zdvmcvzxcvmzxvcmbzxx

Post by brother_david »

Been so busy i havent had time to write any progress here!
The new file works a charm, has been updating/tunig/finetuning it.
When it comes to injector latency and multiplier i've been changing them a bit to get the result i want.
I've also remapped the fuel and timing alot so that it goes from a solid 14.4 (i know 14.7 equals best fuelenergy usage but i want a small margin) to 12-12.2 at full load/high rpms.
I'm a bit hazzled about the timing, cause i cant monitor the knocks but since we've been using a stethoscope on opur previous mappings ill use it on NIStune too. For now the timing is set to 15 at high load but i can probably go up to 20-25 without any problems.

Just wanted to add that im VERY happy about NIStune and Matt's support so far!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thanks ... we try :D

yeah trying to get the knock count out of the Z32/BNR32 is becoming a pain. not with the code, but trying to stimulate the knock inputs so it actually counts. havent given up yet though
robots

Post by robots »

Matt, can you upload a r32ecu with r33maps merged ? Also you said something could be done to ecu looking into TPS voltage and not TPS line to make engine idle. How can this be done ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

attached is the R32 with R33 maps

TPS on R32 uses a switch + variable resistor

The modification to the code involves removing reference to the physical switch line and instead using a set TPS variable voltage to trigger 'idle'. Someone else has done it but I haven't got around to doing the same code mods yet... plus I want to add in VCT code from Z32 and use a custom output to trigger this so its a bit of a side project. I should at least get the TPS bit out of the way and do an ENT for it
Attachments
R32_transplanted_R33maps2_full.bin
R32 ECU with R33 maps transplanted
(32 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

I'd like to see the tps modification for the z32 ecu as well.
robots

Post by robots »

Yeah. TPS modification would be great!
From what I understand, the rb25 series 1 TPS is the same as r32 and Z32. But its just not connected to ECU like r32/z32. Can anyone confirm it ?
Will it work if I connect it manually ? How do you guys go around the idle problems with the z32/r32 ecus ?
Cheers!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

apparently its just a slight hesitation with Z32 ECU

idle switch is mainly for passing through to A/T computer via the serial link

I've got it on the list to investigate patching both ECUs. Looking at getting some time off to go though some of this and close them out
robots

Post by robots »

Great! Looking forward to it!
robots

Post by robots »

Matt, any progress on the topic ? TPS ? Would be great to hear something.
streetbike

Post by streetbike »

I tried just yesterday the Z32 ECU on the R33 RB25DET with your merged file, starts perfectly and run good, didn't try it on the road because the car is broken but it seems to be good.