Innovate test release

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

hopefully fixed in new release. please let me know
airdamien

Post by airdamien »

here's the test.. the status is still blowed up..

I've got the turbo mounted in the car, but won't be running until tonight at the earliest. So I couldn't flood it with gas, and it was reading 20ish percent O2 .

I'll be able to give some real testing in the next few days ;D
Attachments
nistune-0617-0931.log
(134 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you need to download the version file from the website

that log (top line) shows the wrong software version
NISTUNE LOG Jun 15 2006 23:21 0.906a3

nistune_0906_innovate_test5 it should be
NISTUNE LOG Jun 15 2006 23:21 0.906a5

check this in your 'about box' since i updated that in the software, and just downloaded it when to double check. the version displays as 0.906a5 and build date June 17
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

let me know once you have tried the test5 (0.906a5) version

i'll try and get on top of the update for the identification code tonight. im also taking out several commands (READ BYTE, WRITE BYTE and RECOVER) to save on ROM space used

this will be similar to being in 'logger' mode all the time for consult enabled boards (ie it will have no effect for us but will still for Nissan consult owners who use streaming)
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Sorry its taken so long to respond. Been busy with other things. Here's some quick logs from this morning. The first time I connected the wideband it showed "heating sensor". Even after the sensor was up to temp (verified on the lcd display) the heater message remained. The highlighting for the Wideband button seems to be working fine.

After restarting nistune I reconnected. No more heater message. The AFR window still read a constant 0.00 with the other inputs reading as they had. RPM still looks like 0.xx I believe.

Is it possible to make the two inputs that will be used configurable? For example I might like to switch to using input 4 and 5 instead of 1 and 2. Seems like it wouldnt be that tough if you have the csv file made since nistune already sees all the inputs. I havent really played around much yet so maybe i'm talking out of my butt.
Attachments
nistune-0619-0952.log
Heater message log
(158.13 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
nistune-0619-0953.log
(83.11 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the heater status is only reported twice. but i dont know when it should be cleared. i might have to put a timer on this to make the message self clear after 5-10 seconds since there is no indication from the unit when the sensor has finished heating.

09:52:55 Current input: 0
09:52:55 Func: 4
09:52:55 Sample: 828
09:52:55 AFR: Status code reported
09:52:55 EvaluateStatusCode: Heating sensor

09:52:55 Current input: 0
09:52:55 Func: 4
09:52:55 Sample: 852
09:52:55 AFR: Status code reported [heating sensor still]

no more follow... just AFR data

the AFR is still wrong. needs to be multiplied by 10
09:52:57 AFR: 1.712550
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Also TechEdge supports upto 3 auxillary sensors (which is going to be the display limit for NIStune)

Like Innovate the Zeitronix unit has more than 3 sensors (these are hardcoded however to functionality). I could perhaps add a drop down box for Aux1, Aux2, Aux3

However Innovate allows you to configure the inputs from their app also so in worst case customisation could be done with logworks

See how the Zeitronix unit goes and then could add auxillary changes to the configuration menu
airdamien

Post by airdamien »

hey mat,

I'm tearing the car down for a rebuild.

Probably got some grit material from the turbo rebuilder into my oiling system.

I've lost 30psi of compression, burning oil, tons of blow-by (even blowing the dipstick out), and a rod knock.

needless to say, I'm NOT happy.

so, want an LM-1 to test with for a month or two? You'll just have to buy an o2 sensor, as this one isn't coming out.

I don't forsee having my motor back together for at least two months, I'm doing quite a bit of work, and buying some expensive parts.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

unforuntately the o2 sensor is really the only thing left to test. thats fine, since bryant has a innovate also, he can do the final testing once i have made the relevant changes

just to let people know im fairly busy in the meantime (fixing consult stuff) but will have a chunk of time off work 6-10 July to fix things with nistune

matt