My first startup Problems using the nistune

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Dino

My first startup Problems using the nistune

Post by Dino »

Everythink worked well until i tried to start the consult feature. -> Error Message: ´Found invalid Consult RAM adress during USB init.

But to start from the beginning:
- i installed nistune software (latest version, ..905)
- i plugged my ´modded´ ECU to the car
- i plugged Romulator and ECU to my laptop
- i started nistune software
- selected adress file z31_128E
- selected my stock bin file i got from Matt (Dino87T_nt)
- i test opened some bin contents (Fuel, Ign, TP, scales...) and they all made sense
- i turned ignition on
- USB-driver autoinstaller window appeared and i installed the usb driver from nistune sucessfully
- i wondered about the red and green diode in the ecu are blinking the way they would normally do when i would have turned the poti to ckeck the error code. (But i desoldered the poti)
- i activated the emulator
- i uploaded the emulator (during the upload the fuel pump is going mad)
- i cheked the configuration window and i think i adjusted everything well
- i activate consult-mode and that error message occurs and consult mode does not start
- i switched off car and laptop and tried it again with the same result (one single time when trying it again and again i had a different error message, something with ´checksum´ but that message only appeared once.

What should i do?

Dino
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

there has been a patch file upgrade since that email. this makes earlier patch files incompatible with latest nistune versions

the original patch files did not have an ECU ID and checksum included

As of 10 May the rev2 directory has updated patch files, which include this checksum

Please try the Dino87T_nt.bin from the following directory for upload to your romulator
http://home.aanet.com.au/nistune/reg_bins/rev2/

This can also be found from the registration page
http://home.aanet.com.au/nistune/reg.html
Dino

Post by Dino »

Hi Matt,

i tested it with the new patched version but the result was the same: Error message: ´Found invalid Consult RAM adress during USB init´

Dino
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Are you using the newest adr file from the site as well?
Dino

Post by Dino »

Yes i think, so, but the adress file was contained in the latest version of the nistune software, so i did not have to download the adress file extra

But i have already fixed that problem, good news, it runs !!!!!
I tested some other bins from the patch-folder and when testing the bin ´88SS_nt.bin´ it worked! Fortunately this bin is very similar to mine/stockj so the engine runs fine.

Now i could open the consult window and then started the engine:

Most of the signals where displayed well: Water temp, RPMs, AFM, Batterie.... but some signals do not work and show nothing, like: inj. , O2, TPS, AAC. And the Ftemp showed a value of 144.

-->I think i better make a screenshot and post it before writing too much.

Dino
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Except for the Ftemp the other gauges you listed do not work yet. Check to make sure your fuel temp sensor wire is connected and that the sensor is good.

TPS wont work for the z31 because the ecu doesnt use the position sensor. It only uses the idle switch part of the tps. (which should be working)

Glad to hear you got it working.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Dino thats good news

I run all the binaries through an autopatcher program. Perhaps it had a problem with your particular file. I'll have a look at that file tonight

Any guages which dont show have not been implemented for the R31/Z31 vehicles because either we dont know the RAM address for that variable or it doesn't exist in the ECU

The consult display is for all nissans so some values may be applicable for an R32 GTR (like RHS O2 and RHS AFM) but not for our cars

Stinky - how does the fuel temp show on your display? From memory the engine temperature should be the raw value minus -40 for range of -30 to 110 degrees C.
Dino

Post by Dino »

just for you to have a look if everything is ok/normal some screenshots:

maptrace works well too!

I will check my fuel-temp-sensor next weekend
Attachments
7.6.06engine on.doc
engine on
(86.5 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
7.6.06engine off.doc
engine off
(88 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Dino - I have updated your patch file in the rev2 bin directory. please try this out when you get the chance

The problem was that the autopatcher puts the patch code at the first free memory address space in your ROM file. This was a different address to the other Z31 images so the CONSULT table was in a different location

To keep the same CONSULT address value as everyone else, ive updated my autopatcher to always put the code at the location as specified in the address file (provided there is free ROM space to use in the ecu)
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Matt wrote:Stinky - how does the fuel temp show on your display? From memory the engine temperature should be the raw value minus -40 for range of -30 to 110 degrees C.
Funny you should ask. The engine temp seems to read right. It's usually between 85-90 degrees so I think its probably accurate.

Fuel temp on the other hand doesnt seem to be correct. One of my logs starts off at 113 with the engine at a cold 32. By the time the engine is up to 87 the fuel temp is down to 92. Sounds like its doing the reverse of what it should.
Dino

Post by Dino »

Hey Matt, the latest bin you patched for me is running well.

Thanky you