Difficulty connecting to LM-1

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

Ligouri Rd.

Difficulty connecting to LM-1

Post by Ligouri Rd. »

Recently I have been having issues with getting Nistune to connect with my LM-1. I am currently using version 0.9.3.6.1, the serial cable that came with my LM-1, and a serial to usb converter. I have been using this converter succesfully with logworks for the past three years.

When I initially plug in the converter I look in the device manager and see that it is on com5 (my calum rt ecu is set up on com1 and consult is on com2). I open up nistune (start the emulator and consult) and go into configuration. I try to select com 5 for the innovate MTS wideband but half the time only "none" or "com1" is available in the options. I unplug and replug converter and then when I look in configuration again I can select com5. Now when I try to enable the WB02LH nistune, for whatever reason, trys looking at com1 or for some other ports and cannot find the wideband. An error message pop up of either "no serial ports available" or "cannot find the wideband on com1, select the proper port in configuration...or something along those lines". So I go back to unplugging and replugging the converter checking the port in configuration, and trying again to enable the WB02. About 10% of the time the Wideband connects and I can go about tuning.

Any idea why the settings in configuration aren't staying put, it is literally taking me a good 15 minutes every time I start nistune to get ready to tune or log? Please let me know if you need any further information from me.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll have a go at it here... my testing with the LC-1 so far has been on my R31 which is only the single serial port (probably too ideal setup so no problems)

I'll try setting up an emulator and consult port and replugging things in

Recently code was changed to use innovate 'port' lookups rather than COM ports since it treats things differently.

In the interim, try plugging in the USB-serial first and then File-Configuration and setup COM5 and then connect to this first and then connect emulator/consult afterwards. Sequence may help but i'll investigate in the meantime
Ligouri Rd.

Post by Ligouri Rd. »

Thanks for looking into this for me.

One note of comment: I have tried connecting the wideband first but when the consult is connected it stops the wideband from reading. I then have to disconnect and reconnect the wideband to get it to read again...the reconnecting as I mentioned only seems to work a small percentage of the time.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i've noticed that also. it makes all the displays blank. i think the consult connection is wiping out the wideband data. i'll get that fixed prior to next release since its annoying
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

I have also noticed that I must initiate the contact with the consult cable first and then with the DLP-Board. If I initiate the connection in the opposite order (DLP-Board first and then the Consult connection) I am not able to record the values from the DLP-Board in a log.
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

it has to do with the stupid port look up system on innovate. They use indexes and port names assigned. If you plug in/remove a device then all the indexes change and things go south

I've gone back to using COM ports via MTS rather than indexes for this and seems to be reliable again. This is tested with 2 x emulators, consult connection and Innovate wideband on B14 GA16DE

Changed around connect/disconnect and all better again!! I've also removed the annoying thing clearing out all the wideband data when connecting/disconnecting consult