More boards getting made...

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

More boards getting made...

Post by Matt »

We will have another 15 boards in about four weeks time, cost is $165AUD including post.

As software is being tested it is currently no cost for NIStune s/w but once stable it will be available only on cost/registration basis
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

Are they all spoken for? I can think of a z31 guy and a couple of L28ET/z31 ecu guys that would grab one if possible.
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Will these be the NVram boards? Any other changes to them to set them apart from what we have already?

Any sort of time frame for when Nistune will go "public"?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

NIStune will go 'public' once SR20 and R32/Z32 prototypes are confirmed working and software is stable enough for proper use. These boards are close but just need some more time to finish them

Once that happens I will order a big bunch of those expensive NVRAM chips since quantity order required

I am only doing romulator versions for now, but NVRAM can be soldered on later if the DIP socket is removed and jumpers changed

Only two of the boards are spoken for at this stage

There was a fix made to the earlier boards with a wire going to VCC. This was the only modification made permanent on the new ones
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Who is allowed to purchase a board? Should I see if any of my local Z buddies want to try one out?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yeah i want to sell em, but only with the NVRAM chip and once all firmware issues have been resolved. we have the problem with logging mode bogging the car right now and i need to do some testing on it to see why

unless people are happy using the romulator with the boards until NVRAM is available....

when the NVRAM is programmed, there wont be an easy way to reprogram the firmware (ie the firmware can't easily reprogram itself). so unless people have the same equipment to reprogram the board as me they will be unable to upload a new version of firmware

there are ways around this issue for USB version, but consult version is difficult since there are five areas of code changed
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Exactly what type of programmer will be required? Is this something you might allow "dealers" to handle?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

fortunately its the willem programmer. for R31/Z31/R32/Z32 or any other 8 bit EPROM based ecu there is currently a small switchable adaptor i use

i modified the 97d (latest is 97j) software for programming these type of NVRAM

nothing decided yet. hopefully no firmware updates required once things sorted. yes may be available to dealers
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

update on R31/Z31 boards....

the pcbs arrived thursday and they are currently getting 'loaded' up with the parts. no nvram versions available as this time yet.

15 available and 3 are spoken for at this stage

i'm waiting for the extra capacitors to arrive for more noise filtering before they will be posted out
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i've got all the parts here and the boards are almost finished being loaded. once the Z31 streaming changes are in, i'll be looking at selling the rest of them with the software
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the boards have been loaded, more cables made and im just finishing the reprogramming of the onboard logic and usb identifiers

i have added extra capacitors to these, so will check out the disconnection issues this weekend. btw im using a 6 foot usb cable and handly any disconnect errors, so perhaps quality of cable is an issue (shielding) plus other ancillary USB devices

sr20 prototype board now programs from my test programmer and just trying to get it working correctly in the ecu

rb20 prototype on breadboard works well, and will be designing a prototype board from this hopefully this weekend

we will most likely replace the willem programmer with our own hardware since i had to make an adaptor up for sr20 and ended up redoing all the programming software in visual c++

its programs both 8 bit and 16 bit boards
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

can you list the ecu's that are now ready for testing?

i've got needs for :

rb20
maxima
ka24
rb26
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the boards i've got made are the same as you guys have - r31 rb30 and z31 vg30

the other ecus you mention have just finished PCB design. im testing out the USB disconnect problems with the current boards to make sure the fixes resolve these problems so i dont have them with future boards

if the current r31/z31 disconnect problems are fixed, then i can send the new 6802/6803 PCB design off for manufacture (im only going to get two made and this will take four weeks turnaround and component population).

will test those here firstly to see if any problems, then fix any errors to PCB design before getting a higher quantity manufactured (and another four weeks turn around time)

the programmer for 8/16 bit is finished so i will get some pcbs made up for the programmer at the same time as the new 6802/6303 PCB design
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the z32/r32 can be done still with a romulator in the meantime. im making a prototype board up tonight (pcb layout completed yesterday) for a nvram version for these ecus

sr20 is looking almost complete, the program runs on the ecu but small bug in hardware stopping realtime updates to the nvram
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Seeing that installs of rev2 boards have gone well.... the other remaining boards are now up for grabs. The package is $300AUD with software and board. romluator required