Z32 install ZIF ?

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

brisz

Z32 install ZIF ?

Post by brisz »

Hi guys still getting my VG30DETT built, pretty sure i will be going with Nistune type 2 board etc.

Is it possible to use a ZIF socket rather then the usual socket ?

Is anyone producing big HP on a Z32/nistune ?

Is Nistune software easy to adapt to for a good tuner familiar with fuel maps etc ?

Usint the right TE WBO2 unit it looks like you can use analogue sensor inputs, like maybe EGT, intake temp and log into Nistune and display as a gauge ?

Are there still aspects or functions of the Nistune/Z32 ECU that we dont understand ?

Please excuse all the questions but I really need to get the ball rolling with this.

Thanks,

John
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not recommended to use a ZIF. Nistune boards are kinda meant to be permanently installed and not only that you probably wont have room under the knock sensor daughterboard to fit the ZIF and board

I think speedlab was saying around 300rwkw with Z32. I know that a few guys have got some decent figures, but depends what turbo you are going for. Nissan ECUs support bigger injectors etc

Some TE units have EGT which can be logged in Nistune. Check carefully which units do, becuase a lot dont have EGTs
skyline_stu

Z32 + Nistune

Post by skyline_stu »

As Matt said, forget the ZIF socket, not enough room either.!! Permanently secure it inside your ECU because you'll be using the diags port and won't need to remove it (unless a problem is found)

Yes, I've done a few tunes on these lately. Just out of interest, where are you located?? Been getting around 280-300rwhp, Auto turbo's @ 15-17psi.
1xManual, 1xAuto in the last 2 weeks.

Big improvement everywhere to be made. I'll say this, if your not experienced tuning be very careful playing, might be safer than a popping a motor learning how to tune! Remember though, long distance tuning is a bit like ringing your doctor and saying "i feel sick, what's wrong with me?" Its almost impossible to do CORRECTLY when the engine is modified away from stock.

I'm one of Nistune's dealers, So just contact me, I'll see what I can do.

Stu
TSL

Post by TSL »

I get around 240-250rwkw on standard engine, standard turbos at 17psi.

Twin 2871r on standard engine made 298rwkw on 14psi.

I can see a built engine with big cams and twin 2871r doing 400rwkw easy with around 20psi or so.

Nistune won't limit the power, that's for sure.