Few minor data discrepencies.

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Stinky
Site Admin

Few minor data discrepencies.

Post by Stinky »

- Rpm shown on rpm tables doesnt seem to be calculated correctly. Should be 12.5* the value.

- The rpm trace on the fuel/ignition maps didnt seem to match the actual rpm. That or the scales are wrong? Rpm shown on the live display seems to be fine.

- I know you mentioned it before but the AFM voltage offset should be optional. Looks to me like the VQ map trace is based off of this voltage. Probably better to base that off of the actual ecu data instead of the offset.

- Timing values dont seem to be right. I've logged timing as high as 64. Idle is supposed to be (and shows with a timing light) at about 30 btdc.

- May be an ecu issue but battery voltage shows a drop with time but I know its not dropping because my gauge shows consistant voltage.
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

- The rpm trace on the fuel/ignition maps didnt seem to match the actual rpm. That or the scales are wrong? Rpm shown on the live display seems to be fine.
After further testing it seems that the ignition timing map is using the wrong rpm scale. The ignition rpm scale is fine however.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

battery voltage - no probs with my ecu. unless Z31 specific problem? have a look at my logs and they seem stable. i just read this as a ram value. if its the wrong value, then that would be the only thing causing the problem. i can't really 'fix' this problem unless totally wrong voltage due to wrong ram value, but it should all be the same

timing values are not correct. i pulled this from what i thought was a timing value as it sits on 15 and goes up as car runs. it doesn't match the maptrace however. maybe someone can help me here. use the RAM trace window and display 00 - FF. this shows all the main ram values. one of these should have the timing in it. i dont think i've got the exact one (maybe one used in the middle of calculations)

my idle on the R31 is 15BTDC (temp=80C) and shows up like this on timing light. you can rev the engine and look at the timing and check against this value and the maptrace values

AFM offset has now been made optional. i haven't tested it yet but just a tick box in configuration menu

yes the wrong RPM scale was used. good spot. also i wasn't using tables for the graphics display indexes. this has also been changed to use tables.

TP index comes from same calcs used in romeditor and liveedit aka BAR. i dont really know how accurate it is since i run N/A
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

I tried the Ram trace thing today. Pretty cool. It appears that the data at 41h is the timing value. It matches exactly to my idle timing and also follows the timing map as well as I can see sitting still.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

if you modify the patch code consult table entry to this then you can see it working on the display

this is what I had
ADR $008C ; IGN TIMING
look for the signature
FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 11 FF FF FF FF 00 8C
and modify the last value

i'll try it out when i get time. im just trying to make the log recording while tuning thing run better currently
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

I'll try that asap.

Next item...Power steering switch. I'll have to double check what else goes to the input or see if I have anything on it but I dont believe I have a PS switch on my car. (non-turbos only) For some reason it shows the ps switch going on and off in my logs. There doesnt seem to be any pattern to it so I need to double check some things.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

PS is dodgy. the R31 doesn't have PS switch either. it just mapped in perfectly with the R32 switch register but shouldn't be used on ours

it doesn't show up in realtime but it logs it. i need to find out why... maybe need to mask it out