First Time User - Type 2 Newbie

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

judasentinel

First Time User - Type 2 Newbie

Post by judasentinel »

Hello everyone,

I am from Canada and recently purchased Nistune Type 2 board. Still awaiting the installation in my car.

I wanted to introduce myself and get people's input on my journey towards learning how to tune my ECU with Nistune. Here is what I have:

R32 Skyline with RB25DET in it. I am using R32 (RB20DET) ECU and wiring harness/loom. I would like to understand how I go about tuning it.

Currently, I am running a tuned chip from one of the best tuners here in Canada - his tuned chip has enabled me to run my RB25DET on an RB20DET ECU, and its a fairly decent tune. My mods include an FMIC, exhaust header, and a large T3/T4 style top mount turbo (comparable to GT35R size). It spools well, starts to build boost around 3500 rpm, but full boost kicks in around 5500 rpm. The speed and power increase seems a bit twitchy as throughout the load range, I am at AFR of around 10-12. I am running stock 370cc injectors.

What do you guys suggest I need to change to make the rev climb and power increase throughout the range smoother and more aggressive? Do you think I am running too rich?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And if people know of a few websites to gain better knowledge about tuning, please do share.

I also want to ask about the maps in Nistune. On the software, I see that the maps are 16X16 resolution, and the vertical axis moves from 6400 to 400 rpm. The TPS/load axis (horizontal) moves from 12% to 80%. Is this how its supposed to be? Shouldnt the rpm axis move from low to high?

Where can I learn about each map/GUI in Nistune? Is there a website or post/thread on here where one can learn the software in detail?

Matt, if you see this thread, maybe you can help me. I am very excited and would love to share my dyno results once I get Nistune running and tuned.

Thanks

Munib
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

judasentinel

Post by judasentinel »

thanks for the link. I have read that one and have a basic idea about tuning. But Nistune is not in hex, so I wonder if I will ever be using hex at all to tune.

I am more concerned about the software itself and to understand its working and setting. I was looking for a guide for initial setup and all, but no luck so far.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Most other programs have the axis back to front. This was something we fixed early in the development, and takes a little getting used to

On computers X=0,Y=0 start from top left but usually the map view of the fuel/timing map will start from lower corner and go higher as it increases

Our software users manual on the website is a good start. It describes all the maps and tables, and how to use the software. But that is not a tuning guide, more of an operators guide.

However email me and I can send through a draft tuning guide Pete has put together to get you started